Get better this week

corchjay

This week is the time to work on fundamentals and get the younger guys extra reps in practice. Don’t take ULM lightly. Go out there and get the job done and get some young players some more game reps.  Trust me bammer will be doing the same.  

Time to continue to address some weaknesses and extra time on correcting bad habits.  Hopefully shorter practices to get our legs back. 

For the fans by Wednesday it’ll be time to turn the page and we need the stadium full again.  You never know when a surprise recruit might show up.  If you aren’t going to the game and have tickets give them to someone there are plenty of fans that can’t afford the cost to take their kids.  

3 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Yes. I remember one play where JS got flushed out of pocket and 3 receivers were standing 30 yards down field not coming back to ball.

Yep! None were moving off their spots trying to find open grass or make an easier pass.

I will echo the punt and kick off return coverage.  It has been abysmal all season so I am not sure if that can be fixed in a couple of practices.  Something is fundamentally wrong there.

wde

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Yep! None were moving off their spots trying to find open grass or make an easier pass.

Yes, noticed the same when I watched it again. 

Easiest thing for a defender to defend is a receiver standing still like a statue.

WRs have to be aggressive in 3 phases: blocking on the edges, RAC and ROUTE RUNNING! 

You have to want the ball and put yourself between the DB and your QB and give him a target.

2 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

I will echo the punt and kick off return coverage.  It has been abysmal all season so I am not sure if that can be fixed in a couple of practices.  Something is fundamentally wrong there.

wde

It could start by having better players on there.  In that I mean more experienced players.  

13 hours ago, corchjay said:

If you aren’t going to the game and have tickets give them to someone there are plenty of fans that can’t afford the cost to take their kids.  

This is very true. Plenty of Auburn fans who cannot afford to pay for tickets for their family plus travel and food. It's always good to give the tickets away if they aren't going to be used.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

UL-Monroe's 19th ranked O is no joke and it will be good for our D to face a very legit dual threat QB again before Hurts.

Nailed it. Impressive kid. The perfect game to prepare for hurts 

They seem to have a "have some fun" thing going right now. I'm no coach, but I'd say let it roll. These guys have the talent, maybe getting them to play loose is the ticket. Just my $.02 (useless, surely)

One thing for the IB that I wish Steele would do is set up a spy for Hurst. The guy is the center piece of the turds offense. If you watched the end of the MSU game you saw it was all Hurst. We have a couple of folks that can fill that position. Just dedicate them to taking Hurst on every play. 

5 hours ago, corchjay said:

It could start by having better players on there.  In that I mean more experienced players.  

And that might be the problem. I understand that KP actually damaged his shoulder on a special teams play. Some teams us starters on ST some don’t. Considering the number of injuries to our players we may have become reluctant to use our starters on ST. Just my thought.

Archived