Should we try to poach a coach or two?

AU80cruiser

1 hour ago, api1957 said:

I was partially joking. Although i'm over the moon about Saturday's outcome, one game does not a trend make. He's made a lot of bone headed decisions over the years but am excited about the potential for "this" Gus. He seems to be on an upswing but I'll need more consistency before I forgive or forget the last 3 years.  

download (1).jpg

Be surprised if Horton is still an the staff next season. If he does leave, would Porter become the RB coach. Then would need a TE/HB coach. Beginning Jan 9, 2018 teams can add a 10th on-field assistant. I believe a dedicated special teams coach would be a great addition.

IMO, we should strongly consider looking into hiring a new Receiver coach and a special teams coach. Those two have been our weak link during this season. During the past few games, our special teams haven't been able to cover punts nor kickoff worth a darn. As for the wide receivers, there's been a great deal of talk on this board about how Kodi Burns should be replaced.

I’d give Kodi more time.  He’s probably a little over paid but we pay our coaches well.  Every team needs a couple young coaches the players can relate to. 

Remember our “old man” Ellis defensive staff.  The players couldn’t relate to those old guys.  Seems coach T-will is brings that relationship for the defense as well.  And as much as we bang on Kodi, Travis is just as inexperienced.  Trust me coach Steele helps Travis a lot with the linebackers.  

7 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I’d give Kodi more time.  He’s probably a little over paid but we pay our coaches well.  Every team needs a couple young coaches the players can relate to. 

Remember our “old man” Ellis defensive staff.  The players couldn’t relate to those old guys.  Seems coach T-will is brings that relationship for the defense as well.  And as much as we bang on Kodi, Travis is just as inexperienced.  Trust me coach Steele helps Travis a lot with the linebackers.  

Steele is amazing how the younger guys relate to him and I have to admit I never saw that happening

I'm sure whoever is coordinating ST didn't request 3rd stringers and walk-ons. The solution there is to change to players who have sufficient physical attributes and know how to take proper pursuit angles. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Steele is amazing how the younger guys relate to him and I have to admit I never saw that happening

I remember questioning how fired up he could get the D earlier last year. I saw a video of him getting the players ready in the locker room and I had chills and tears. Such a pleasant surprise. 

Tray Matthews bear hugging him after the game gave me all the feels. 

Archived