“Give it to him”

ClaytonAU

On 11/14/2017 at 1:09 PM, looney said:

uga's #35 looks lost as Slayton is catching that pass. Seems like he's in good position to attack the ball (or lay a hit on Slayton), but he pulls up and kind of stops as Slayton rolls in for the TD. A little odd now that I'm seeing the play again. Thanks for that link to the full video, though - I still haven't sat down for a full re-watch.

Need to take a closer look . The dB was coming around Slaton’s back to hit where the ball was going , just exactly what you do. Slayton actually reaches out and pulls the ball in to the left side leaving the defender hanging out to dry. Perfect catch. I guarantee the NFL scout’s mouth was watering over that catch.

51 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Need to take a closer look . The dB was coming around Slaton’s back to hit where the ball was going , just exactly what you do. Slayton actually reaches out and pulls the ball in to the left side leaving the defender hanging out to dry. Perfect catch. I guarantee the NFL scout’s mouth was watering over that catch.

Exactly. And when you see the DB swipe around Slayton, there is no ball there to strike. Don't see that everyday, even in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

He was referring to the safety from the middle of the field. If he hadn’t pulled up he could have arrived just after the ball did. Probably confused. 

The safety did break off that is why Gus is hollering .  Stidham saw it and knew that left Slayton in single coverage with the inside open. The DB that was cover Slayton took the outside because he believed the safety had the inside. Just a good read from JS and a perfect catch from Slayton . ?

On 11/14/2017 at 2:48 PM, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

It's no different than Kiffin doing the touchdown signal right after the snap when he was at Bama. The good coaches know when you have a favorable set up, and often our offense has one read making the screaming a give away to the QB if he recognizes it.

Happens in a lot of sports where play evolution occurs.  We watch and play (with) a lot of hockey.  There have been many times a player steals the puck in their zone and gets a breakaway.  You can tell the opposing goalie is beat and eating it about the time the attacking player is crossing his own blue line.  

Love it.  

Archived