#6 CFB Playoff Rankings

aufan57

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU getting lots of love from the ESPN guys.....scary.....

We knew it before, but Auburn's playoff hopes are still very alive and well. If Auburn wins out and wins the SEC, we really may just be the first 2-loss team to make the playoffs--BUT we will need some help from the football gods.

AP poll had it right, Miami should have been no.2. If we can have that same atmosphere and defense next saturday I feel VERY confident that we win the iron bowl.

Absolutely no complaints. AU has the college football world by the throat. They have to get to a new level to win out. Great job by Gus , the staff, and the team. Unbelievable 

Expecting the (capital) Turds to put up a bigger fight than the dog turds...but I see us whipping the elephant crap outta them too! Then we'll be heading to ATL to give a repeat pounding to the already whipped 3 legged pups. We ain't staying at #6!!

1 hour ago, WDE0007 said:

We knew it before, but Auburn's playoff hopes are still very alive and well. If Auburn wins out and wins the SEC, we really may just be the first 2-loss team to make the playoffs--BUT we will need some help from the football gods.

After ND loss. There is no way we don't get in if we win out

We won't need any help. Win out and we're in. Clem/Miami play each other. To win out we must beat UAT so that's two ahead of us that go down. 6-2=#4 for Auburn, at the very least. Beating bammer and then UGA twice could move us up even higher than 4th.

Of course, the operative term here is "win out". Lose one of these next three and we'll be hoping for a nice bowl in a warm-weather city.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We won't need any help. Win out and we're in. Clem/Miami play each other. To win out we must beat UAT so that's two ahead of us that go down. 6-2=#4 for Auburn, at the very least. Beating bammer and then UGA twice could move us up even higher than 4th.

Of course, the operative term here is "win out". Lose one of these next three and we'll be hoping for a nice bowl in a warm-weather city.

Truly in control of our own destiny. Pretty incredible situation but this is a pretty incredible team. 

17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Agree,we are in a very good spot considering the other big games yet to be played.

In my view, no matter what our record...even undefeated at this point we would still have to win out to be assured of a slot. I think bama is in the same position even with a better record.

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

Agree,we are in a very good spot considering the other big games yet to be played.

In my view, no matter what our record...even undefeated at this point we would still have to win out to be assured of a slot. I think bama is in the same position even with a better record.

I was thinking the same thing. We win out, we're in. Ultimately, the LSU loss will not have mattered. Even if we had only lost to Clemson, 1 more loss (especially this late in the season) would have knocked us out. Likewise, even if we were undefeated, a loss this late (except for maybe a close loss in the SECCG) would have knocked us out.

• WarTiger changed the title to #6 CFB Playoff Rankings
8 hours ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

Expecting the (capital) Turds to put up a bigger fight than the dog turds...but I see us whipping the elephant crap outta them too! Then we'll be heading to ATL to give a repeat pounding to the already whipped 3 legged pups. We ain't staying at #6!!

Gotta remember, UGA made numerous mistakes...penalities, fumbles, etc. I wouldn't expect Bama to be so undisciplined and sloppy. I wouldn't expect that win to be so easy. 

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

At #6, I would think winning out assures us of a spot. Bama fans will squawk at 1 loss and being left out but I think anyone who loses now drops out of the top 4. I would dearly love to see that happen.

Killer schedule at end of the season is working to our advantage....we just need to take advantage of it.

44 minutes ago, auskull said:

Gotta remember, UGA made numerous mistakes...penalities, fumbles, etc. I wouldn't expect Bama to be so undisciplined and sloppy. I wouldn't expect that win to be so easy. 

True, and we completely dominated both lines of scrimmage! We also made our mistakes, kick coverage comes to mind, and we still won big time!

54 minutes ago, auskull said:

At #6, I would think winning out assures us of a spot. Bama fans will squawk at 1 loss and being left out but I think anyone who loses now drops out of the top 4. I would dearly love to see that happen.

They can squawk all they want fact of the matter UT, Vandy , and FSU killed their SOS albeit FSU was technically at full strength but people will forget that gem because they are struggling to be bowl eligible.

19 minutes ago, eibua12 said:

They can squawk all they want fact of the matter UT, Vandy , and FSU killed their SOS albeit FSU was technically at full strength but people will forget that gem because they are struggling to be bowl eligible.

I think it was not SOS as much as where we are in the season now.

Essentially the playoff began last week....and potential playoff team are being eliminated one by one.

By end of the day on Dec 3rd I think it will be clear as to who is in.    Maybe some gripes but mostly from some partisans.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Killer schedule at end of the season is working to our advantage....we just need to take advantage of it.

Something tells me the Bama v. AU game looks a lot like the UGA AU game. With their new LBs and as much shuffling as our offense does I see a lot of missed assignments and general confusion on their defense. I have never said this before but I honestly believe we win by 14 points. 

Archived