Path to a National Title

gr82b4au

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

This seems a good place to ask this.....hasn’t Jeremy Pruitt always had our number more so than a Kirby smart defense?  (Whether at Alabama or Georgia).

Gus has gone against Kirby 8 times. 5 of those times (2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, and 2017) we put up numbers and points far greater than what his defense had typically given up all season. Granted we lost in 2009 and 2014, but that had more to do with a tired (2009) and porous (2014) defense. Pruitt on the other hand...  Other than the first half of the FSU title game, we haven't done much against Pruitt. Then again in games against Pruitt after that (2014/2015 UGA, 2016 Bama) our team was either completely deflated after a heartbreaking loss (2014 TA&M for example) or we had our second string QB. Granted our coach should of had a back up plan. But considering the outcomes of 2016/2017 UGA games, I think it's pretty obvious that we can score points on anyone as long as we have our 1st string QB

14 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Being superstitious I do not like all of the love we are getting. I️ like being under the radar.  But I guess we can’t have it both ways?.  Rat poison?

One thing is for sure, we preform better when we are expected to lose. I always worry when we are expected to preform well.... Whats a good example????? Oh yeah, LSU!!! 

17 hours ago, Tiger96 said:

Gus has gone against Kirby 8 times. 5 of those times (2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, and 2017) we put up numbers and points far greater than what his defense had typically given up all season. Granted we lost in 2009 and 2014, but that had more to do with a tired (2009) and porous (2014) defense. Pruitt on the other hand...  Other than the first half of the FSU title game, we haven't done much against Pruitt. Then again in games against Pruitt after that (2014/2015 UGA, 2016 Bama) our team was either completely deflated after a heartbreaking loss (2014 TA&M for example) or we had our second string QB. Granted our coach should of had a back up plan. But considering the outcomes of 2016/2017 UGA games, I think it's pretty obvious that we can score points on anyone as long as we have our 1st string QB

Todd Grantham had always had our number as well, but we took care of business against his MSU defense this year; the same defense that gave Alabama's offense fits. I'm quite confident about this Iron Bowl, mostly due to it being at JHS, our domination of Georgia, and the vulnerabilities that Bama has shown the last half of this season. If we play at the level we've played other SEC teams at JHS, I don't foresee Bama seeing a fate dissimilar to any of those teams. But, a million things can swing it one way or the other. So I am still extremely nervous.

8 hours ago, Keeleybryan said:

One thing is for sure, we preform better when we are expected to lose. I always worry when we are expected to preform well.... Whats a good example????? Oh yeah, LSU!!! 

Be very careful or you will bring on the wrath of @GwillMac6 with comments like this. :)  He has a point though, Auburn has to get past this mindset. 

14 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Be very careful or you will bring on the wrath of @GwillMac6 with comments like this. :)  He has a point though, Auburn has to get past this mindset. 

source.gif

Archived