Huntsville Radio Gripe

tigeraddikt

About 2 or 3 weeks ago, this guy named Conrad Thompson is sitting in for Cole Cubelic on his morning radio show in Huntsville. Mr. Thompson is the owner of a Huntsville area mortgage company. Anyway, he announces a "win iron bowl tickets" contest so I submit an online entry. Legit contact info is required bc that's the way they were to notify "winners" of the tickets drawing. ANYWAY, so about a week later I get a phone call from a lady identifying herself as a representative from the Mortgage company. She started the call by asking if my name was so-and-so and if "I had entered a contest to win IB tix." I excitedly confirmed, then she started in with, "well, we've already had the drawing, but let me talk to you about a fantastic home equity program we have this year for the Christmas season..." I was so pissed!!!

So, I kinda understand the sweepstakes bait and switch BS tactic, but ever since then, I have been absolutely bombarded with spam and robocalls. Beware of doing business with this doofus.

4 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

About 2 or 3 weeks ago, this guy named Conrad Thompson is sitting in for Cole Cubelic on his morning radio show in Huntsville. Mr. Thompson is the owner of a Huntsville area mortgage company. Anyway, he announces a "win iron bowl tickets" contest so I submit an online entry. Legit contact info is required bc that's the way they were to notify "winners" of the tickets drawing. ANYWAY, so about a week later I get a phone call from a lady identifying herself as a representative from the Mortgage company. She started the call by asking if my name was so-and-so and if "I had entered a contest to win IB tix." I excitedly confirmed, then she started in with, "well, we've already had the drawing, but let me talk to you about a fantastic home equity program we have this year for the Christmas season..." I was so pissed!!!

So, I kinda understand the sweepstakes bait and switch BS tactic, but ever since then, I have been absolutely bombarded with spam and robocalls. Beware of doing business with this doofus.

You should contact the radio station and also let Cole know what they did.  

Archived