1. 1. Moore or Jones?

• Moore
    • Jones
    • Other

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, alexava said:

One of my FB friends, old hunting buddy haven’t had much to do with him in past 20 years other than FB, is actually commander in chief of Sons of Confederate Veterans...... if that doesn’t say enough. He was blasting Shelby pretty soon after results. 

The deplorables are looking for someone to blame.  Apparently they live in a house with no mirrors.

Does anyone know whether Alabama ever tabulates and releases specific voting totals for write-ins in elections like this?  In other words, I'm wondering if we'll know how many write-ins were for Luther Strange, Nick Saban, Gus Malzahn, etc or will it just remain an aggregate total that's unspecified?  I would think that maybe when the write-in totals aren't within the margin of victory they don't bother.  But Jones won by about 21,000 and there were almost 23,000 write-ins, so it would seem like they should have to to certify the vote officially.

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Classical conservatism died years ago.

It's still out there, but it's been savaged badly by this ridiculous wave of right wing populism. The majority of their voters have gone off the deep end, electing howler monkeys with regularity. GOP leadership hasn't helped, cultivating the environment that has allowed it to rear its ugly head. 

On 12/14/2017 at 1:00 PM, Bigbens42 said:

It's still out there, but it's been savaged badly by this ridiculous wave of right wing populism. The majority of their voters have gone off the deep end, electing howler monkeys with regularity. GOP leadership hasn't helped, cultivating the environment that has allowed it to rear its ugly head. 

What's ironic is that it's not really populism at all.  It's a scam to fool the masses into thinking it's populism.

For example, remember when Trump said this:  

President Donald Trump claimed on Wednesday that the Senate Republican tax plan will cost him and his family "a fortune."

Trump turned to his oft-used "believe me" line during a speech in St. Charles, Missouri, telling the friendly audience that the tax plan will cost him.

"America's tax code is a total dysfunctional mess. ... It is riddled with loopholes that let some special, including myself, in all fairness -- it is going to cost me a fortune, this thing," Trump said. "Believe me, believe me, this is not good for me."

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Flea'd from Twitter:

"Roy Moore still hasn’t admitted that he lost the election last week...which maybe tells you a little something about his other denials"

The old coot will still be stumping on it next December. 

22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I predict he runs for Governor next year against Kay Ivey.

DITTO. We have not begun to see the last of this lunatic.

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I predict he runs for Governor next year against Kay Ivey.

Please no. He is stupid enough to do it. Kay Ivey shouldn't run either. She will be crucified for calling this election. I predict Tommy Battle. If Moore runs and wins the nomination a Democrat(no idea who) could have a snowballs chance.

The line that WND article is lacking in self awareness. "The activists consisting of Muslims, Hispanics and mainly black Christians...". Now Fake Cowboy Moore, why ever would those people coalesce around your opponent?  It just makes no sense.

26 minutes ago, HVAU said:

The line that WND article is lacking in self awareness. "The activists consisting of Muslims, Hispanics and mainly black Christians...". Now Fake Cowboy Moore, why ever would those people coalesce around your opponent?  It just makes no sense.

Wow. Even since Trump grabbed the Oval Office by the you-know-what, I haven't read many things quite that racist. 

Somewhat related.  This line in particular is laughable, because no one is trying to take your religion from you.

"I'm Christian, and nobody's going to take that away from me," she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/taking-up-the-christian-banner/ar-BBH9vUQ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Archived