Should we extend Malzahn's contract?

thaitopher

Malzahn contract extension poll  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PTB extend Malzahn's contract?

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

chip kelly

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

yup reminds me of what we gave the media when KD did not make the trip to lsu.

He probably got mad because Mecole Hardman was whooping him.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, au701948 said:

Have I missed something on Chip too? Is he going somewhere else?

maybe he means Kelly?    

AU can decline to ride the current coaching carrousel but no way we can ignore the laws of supply and demand as far as college coaches go.

We can, as a matter of principle, not extend the contract and let the chips fall where they may.....and if he leaves , then he leaves.......and we join the half dozen or more other schools trying to find some diamond in the rough.    Not sure what other options there are.  

I've said all along....if Gus wants to go to Arky..that's what he's going to do no matter what. If he wants to sign up for being out recruited and at best 4th in SEC West then let him! The going home factor has never scared me b/c of the fact that sure he'd be getting more money but why would he want to start from ground zero at a place like Arky?! 

Gus is already having a tough time contending with LSU, Bama and UGA at Auburn with the good talent he has!! LOL. Gus can go back to Arky any time he wants and be mediocre and they'd be ok with 8 or 9 wins. If he wants to be considered as one of the best coaches in CFB he sure as hell ain't going to get there being the HC at Arky! That's why i was willing to call him and his agents bluff and by the showing tonight...AU should be saving some money. We can extend Gus at any time so let's see how the bowl game goes and the start of next season to see if this NEW Gus shows up more times than not. 

Truthfully,  I bet 95% if these guys are more moderate than we all make them out to be. It’s part of being in the limelight and every detail of your life being scrutinized to no end. 

With that in mind, the number of current college football coaches that I like is a VERY short list!

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

WTH does that mean

It means if he’s pushing us or leaving.....we should let him leave. If he actually wants to be dedicated to doing a good job at AU, we should keep him. We lost 3 this year to good teams; honestly, despite the score the game tonight turned on about 3 plays (plus a bunch that were SO close).The talent is there to sustain success, I’m still ambivalent about how I feel about Gus leading that talent

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I've said all along....if Gus wants to go to Arky..that's what he's going to do no matter what. If he wants to sign up for being out recruited and at best 4th in SEC West then let him! The going home factor has never scared me b/c of the fact that sure he'd be getting more money but why would he want to start from ground zero at a place like Arky?! 

Gus is already having a tough time contending with LSU, Bama and UGA at Auburn with the good talent he has!! LOL. Gus can go back to Arky any time he wants and be mediocre and they'd be ok with 8 or 9 wins. If he wants to be considered as one of the best coaches in CFB he sure as hell ain't going to get there being the HC at Arky! That's why i was willing to call him and his agents bluff and by the showing tonight...AU should be saving some money. We can extend Gus at any time so let's see how the bowl game goes and the start of next season to see if this NEW Gus shows up more times than not. 

We must be brothers lol....wde

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

the passing game as well. IDK if we will get a better passing qb than stidham. When we HAVE to pass and the defense knows it this is what we look like. He still has not shown me he can beat teams relying on the pass.

This is where Chip has to take over. B/c like you said there are not too many other better passing QBs better than Stidham and we continue to not get much out of the passing game when our run game stalls. All those top WRs that were brought in have to be put to good use.

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Easy to take the hard line since you won't have to live with the outcome.   Someone at AU will however have to live with the outcome and better have a plan B rather than go through what Tennessee just suffered.....because I can see the mobs forming for just about any likely coach who might come as Gus's successor.  

When a guy who gets a school into the conference championship twice in 5 years and also into the national championship  is not good enough.....I'm wondering who out there (that is a realistic candidate)  has any credentials remotely comparable....and whether we end up talking Jimbo type money?  

5 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

We must be brothers lol....wde

Hello brother! lol. WDE! Sucks we lost but it's how we lost that sucks more.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Easy to take the hard line since you won't have to live with the outcome.   Someone at AU will however have to live with the outcome and better have a plan B rather than go through what Tennessee just suffered.....because I can see the mobs forming for just about any likely coach who might come as Gus's successor.  

When a guy who gets a school into the conference championship twice in 5 years and also into the national championship  is not good enough.....I'm wondering who out there (that is a realistic candidate)  has any credentials remotely comparable....and whether we end up talking Jimbo type money?  

I’m all for Gus staying. I want him to stay as a matter of fact. 

But maybe its its best that he leaves because I’m tired of hearing “Gus must be calling plays again” when we are down three.

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm not asking for him to be fired but he hasn't earned a raise. He still has to earn the one he has at the moment. 2020. It's not hard to say to Gus: We're committed to you as our HC. We see the changes you've made and like the direction, we're moving in. We would like to continue that and you as our coach. We want to continue to contend for championships at AU and if you continue to make the needed changes to compete against the best, we will reward you.

Let's go win this bowl game and get prepared for a better start to the season in 2018. If after then he wants to leave...oh well. It's not saying we will not pay you at all. It's saying that let's continue the improvement and we will take care of you sooner than later if you're performing. And let's not forget...this is the position GUS has placed himself in...not AU

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I’m all for Gus staying. I want him to stay as a matter of fact. 

But maybe its its best that he leaves because I’m tired of hearing “Gus must be calling plays again” when we are down three.

Gotta agree on this.....the worst part of this forum is the constant carping over Gus.....spoils the enjoyment of the exchanges of opinions when some folks are so dogmatic on the subject .....and frequently downright irrational in my view.   

Gus moving along might provide a re-set and shake the trees of those "one trick ponies" who seem to spout just one message over and over. . 

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I'm not asking for him to be fired but he hasn't earned a raise. He still has to earn the one he has at the moment. 2020. It's not hard to say to Gus: We're committed to you as our HC. We see the changes you've made and like the direction, we're moving in. We would like to continue that and you as our coach. We want to continue to contend for championships at AU and if you continue to make the needed changes to compete against the best, we will reward you.

Let's go win this bowl game and get prepared for a better start to the season in 2018. If after then he wants to leave...oh well. It's not saying we will not pay you at all. It's saying that let's continue the improvement and we will take care of you sooner or later if you're performing.

You speak my language so very well. Merci. Danke. Gracias. Grazie. Domo arigato. Hanktay ouay. Not enough likes.?

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

I feel like if we keep him from going we are just pushing the can down the road until a new carousel starts moving.

Pretty stable out there, half the country just re-upped. Maybe next year? 

Honestly,  I'm just shellshocked right now. It was just a total team failure from top to bottom and I'm not sure how I wanna process that right now. 

6 minutes ago, aubieclawz said:

yes we are hoping and/are pushing him away....tonights game told the story  thinks his heart is in the nnw corner of the state of alabama

Gus loves the Shoals.

2 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Honestly,  I'm just shellshocked right now. It was just a total team failure from top to bottom and I'm not sure how I wanna process that right now. 

May I suggest alcohol? The cause of and solution to all life's problems!

9 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

You've not thought this through very well have you?

Thinking is not a strong suit for me........

Archived