Should we extend Malzahn's contract?

thaitopher

Malzahn contract extension poll  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PTB extend Malzahn's contract?

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

One game...most of the season still ahead....chance to win the SEC and more...:-\....but let's quit now...?  sure, that makes sense. .

I had strongly supported Malzahn up to that point, but I'll be damned it I can support any coach being payed millions of dollars who can't figure out what even a total novice understands.  LSU was a breaking point for me.

Now I will agree he has redeemed himself by winning out.  My position - along with many others - has changed accordingly.  Let's extend his contract.

But that doesn't change what happened at LSU, and I don't apologize for how I felt at the time.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, homersapien said:

I had strongly supported Malzahn up to that point, but I'll be damned it I can support any coach being payed millions of dollars who can't figure out what even a total novice understands.  LSU was a breaking point for me.

Now I will agree he has redeemed himself by winning out.  My position - along with many others - has changed accordingly.  Let's extend his contract.

But that doesn't change what happened at LSU, and I don't apologize for how I felt at the time.

i don't trust him, but i see the s**tshow at tennessee....we could do a lot worse, and the LSU game almost put me in the hospital because uncontrollable anger after the game...i won't ever be completely comfortable with Malzahn, but a stable program is worth a lot,too and he does a good job at running a program

Just now, fredst said:

Who’s ready to load up Gus with a big raise now? Extension... sure. Raise... enjoy Fayetteville Gus

If he leaves for arky now IDK if there is a more hated man in Auburn. Even over Eric Ramsey.

Just now, aucom96 said:

If he wants 7 mil range money, let him go.

he lost all the leverage he had with not that we lost BUT how we lost and it looked like we were so unprepared. we had no fire.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If he leaves for arky now IDK if there is a more hated man in Auburn. Even over Eric Ramsey.

I believe that would put him top 3 for sure, lol

On 11/30/2017 at 5:59 PM, auburn4ever said:

Should we extend Malzahn's contract? NO WAY. We lose a lot of seniors after this year. We could also have some juniors to leave early. So what happens if Gus falls back to his old ways of going 7-6 or 8-5 again?

Hell no 

Nose & butt picking and crotch grabbing are apparently universally accepted among football coaches but any new contract with Gus needs a no nose picking clause - like we owe you $10k less every time you get caught picking your nose on national TV. 

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

he lost all the leverage he had with not that we lost BUT how we lost and it looked like we were so unprepared. we had no fire.

Bingo. And this is why i was against the extension in the first place. I'm fully willing to give him a raise next year but Gus still has something to prove. 2 wins just didn't justify it. If we lose him to a place like Arky then that means he doesn't want to win championships. 

IDK who this dude is but he has over 37k followers.

The fact that we were hearing about him presenting a list of contract demands this week then saw that uninspired performance.....I’d be great to keep him but if he decided to leave I wouldn’t worry one second about replacing him with somebody that could do just as good of a job. To recap last 4 years: 1-3 vs Bammer, 1-4 vsUGA. If that deserves a big raise I guess I don’t know how to run my business

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Bingo. And this is why i was against the extension in the first place. I'm fully willing to give him a raise next year but Gus still has something to prove. 2 wins just didn't justify it. If we lose him to a place like Arky then that means he doesn't want to win championships. 

yah if he is still asking for 6 or 7 mill I bet we tell him to go shove it. completely outclassed today.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IDK who this dude is but he has over 37k followers.

That’s coach Demetric Warren... he’s legit but I don’t know if his information in this case is...

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s coach Demetric Warren... he’s legit but I don’t know if his information in this case is...

yah IDK if he is giving a opinion or does he have legit sources in this case.

Archived