Should we extend Malzahn's contract?

thaitopher

Malzahn contract extension poll  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PTB extend Malzahn's contract?

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

yah if he is still asking for 6 or 7 mill I bet we tell him to go shove it. completely outclassed today.

What coach on the market do you think could have beat Kirby in their territory tonight?

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, aujeff11 said:

What coach on the market do you think could have beat Kirby in their territory tonight?

IDK man I just want to win. I do not care who is the coach. 

1 minute ago, AUDynasty said:

I think all the talk of Gus leaving to Arkansas was a massive distraction for this team going to the SEC championship game. 

Agree. That and the fact that he wasn't prepared without having a healthy KJ. I know KJ is valuable but that is no excuse to look that inept. We didn't know what KJ could do until KP went down. Similar with KP....KP wasn't even targeted to be our #1. We have to do a better job at preparing our backup skill players and getting them some experience for situations like this. 

If we would've lost with using Kam and Malik then i could take that. Gus needed to make an executive decision in seeing that KJ wasn't being effective and was doing more harm than helping. It was like he was just a decoy for us on offense. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

yah IDK if he is giving a opinion or does he have legit sources in this case.

He runs recruiting camps and does a lot in that sphere, mainly in Mississippi I thought. I’m guessing he is speculating here though.

Kirby Smart is a great coach and very humble. Hats off to him. Still, think Baker will rip them apart though.

Just now, DAG said:

Kirby Smart is a great coach and very humble. Hats off to him. Still, think Baker will rip them apart though.

if their defense was any good I would say they would kill georgia.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

if their defense was any good I would say they would kill georgia.

I wonder will our boys even be motivated in the bowl game.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

IDK man I just want to win. I do not care who is the coach. 

I do too. If Gus would beef up his depth chart specifically for occasions like tonight, we will win. 

Gus isn’t a very good coach when he’s shorthanded at the skill positions. I think that’s his main problem. 

Just now, DAG said:

I wonder will our boys even be motivated in the bowl game.

I envision us looking like bama when they play in the sugar bowl with nothing on the line.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Boomer Sooner!!!!

I envision us looking like bama when they play in the sugar bowl with nothing on the line.

Hopefully, we don't end up playing a team like UCF.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I do too. If Gus would beef up his depth chart specifically for occasions like tonight, we will win. 

Gus isn’t a very good coach when he’s shorthanded at the skill positions. I think that’s his main problem. 

the passing game as well. IDK if we will get a better passing qb than stidham. When we HAVE to pass and the defense knows it this is what we look like. He still has not shown me he can beat teams relying on the pass.

Just now, DAG said:

Hopefully, we don't end up playing a team like UCF.

only bowl game gus has won though is when we played a non power 5 team lol.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

no doubt!!

only bowl game gus has won though is when we played a non power 5 team lol.

HAHA this is true

Any administration that lets one game affect their decision OR the emotions of their fan base determine what they do deserves what they get, and it’s not going to be good. 

(Exhibit A = The University of Tennessee)

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I hate to say it, but I agree with the humble part.  I wanted to find something to not like about him, but I am very impressed.  Congrats Kirby.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

the passing game as well. IDK if we will get a better passing qb as stidham. When we HAVE to pass and the defense knows it this is what we look like. He still has not shown me he can beat teams relying on the pass.

No he cannot beat a high quality D like UGA being one dimensional we have 5 years of history that shows that.

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Any administration that lets one game affect their decision OR the emotions of their fan base determine what they do deserves what they get, and it’s not going to be good. 

(Exhibit A = The University of Tennessee)

How about three years?

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

But who then is teaching them, allowing them to play dirty? At one point, it seemed as if they had a dirty rotation in motion...never the same one, so as not to get ejected. If leadership is top down for Auburn, it is for everyone. I could take losing to Richt's UGA much easier than Kirby's. Maybe it's the Bama connection...

download.jpeg

3 minutes ago, aubieclawz said:

gus mind is on going back to arky and the money not this game

Did he say so? Provide a link please.

Just now, WeagleAU said:

Shouldn’t we wait and see it Gus wins the bowl game?  He is 1-3 in bowl games.

Not going to have enough time for that. Arkansas is going to want an answer

Archived