Should we extend Malzahn's contract?

thaitopher

Malzahn contract extension poll  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PTB extend Malzahn's contract?

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

the passing game as well. IDK if we will get a better passing qb as stidham. When we HAVE to pass and the defense knows it this is what we look like. He still has not shown me he can beat teams relying on the pass.

He couldn’t rely on the pass because he couldn’t rely on the run. It’s not an either/ or with Gus. One has to exacerbate the problems of the other. I wanted some pass offense but damn, it’s either incomplete on a deep ball to Slayton and Stidham missed badly all night long or a screen to Ryan Davis..

Whateer the case, Chip and Jimbo are already locked down...

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, aujeff11 said:

He couldn’t rely on the pass because he couldn’t rely on the run. It’s not an either/ or with Gus. One has to exacerbate the problems of the other. I wanted some pass offense but damn, it’s either incomplete on a deep ball to Slayton and Stidham missed badly all night long or a screen to Ryan Davis..

jimbo was the one who I thought we would be getting all along if gus went to arky. good for him though. NO WAY Auburn would of given him that basically mlb or nba free agent contract lol

Just now, ToraGirl said:

But who then is teaching them, allowing them to play dirty? At one point, it seemed as if they had a dirty rotation in motion...never the same one, so as not to get ejected. If leadership is top down for Auburn, it is for everyone. I could take losing to Richt's UGA much easier than Kirby's. Maybe it's the Bama connection...

download.jpeg

Ehh it's football. It is a heated rivalry. UGA fans thought Nick Fairley was the biggest POS alive. Views like that are in the eye of the beholder. I liked how he carried himself post interview. He didn't take any swipes and he even told his team to settle down. He seems like a very good coach and better individual.

2 minutes ago, aubieclawz said:

gus mind is on going back to arky and the money not this game

have not seen this auburn play like this sense the first game of the year against Clemson..soo ...makes cents  auburn has made no progression this year  just ups and downs like tonight ends like it started with a major loss!!!

Yes well I want you to incorporate more slants in the offense but we all know how that goes....

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Kirby isn't a great coach. He has a team full of talent, part of which he inherited. He may end up being, but way too soon to be saying that.

A coach is only as good as the players and staff around him/her.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Yes well I want you to incorporate more slants in the offense but we all know how that goes....

He def is going to listen to them. He lost all leverage with Auburn today though.

Just now, ToraGirl said:

But who then is teaching them, allowing them to play dirty? At one point, it seemed as if they had a dirty rotation in motion...never the same one, so as not to get ejected. If leadership is top down for Auburn, it is for everyone. I could take losing to Richt's UGA much easier than Kirby's. Maybe it's the Bama connection...

download.jpeg

I hate this loss as much as anyone, but we surely had a rough road to hoe the last 3 weeks and then having to play a "mad" Georgia again was not what I wanted. But, by beating Ala and Ga, we put ourselves in a tough situation, since it surely looked like we had a "hangover" from the Bama game. Wish we would have done better. However, reading on this board about CGM to Arkansas and even one topic asking whether or not Stidham was going to go pro? Just did not bode well for our composure tonite. JMHO

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ehh it's football. It is a heated rivalry. UGA fans thought Nick Fairley was the biggest POS alive. Views like that are in the eye of the beholder. I liked how he carried himself post interview. He didn't take any swipes and he even told his team to settle down. He seems like a very good coach and better individual.

Gotcha.  Here's the thing. I should probably watch football with the sound on mute...even from Rod and Stan. Hearing what I'm thinking echoed and repeated in the eyes of those, I assume knowledgeable, beholders and seeing nothing done about it brings out my Tora claws.  It seemed they aimed for our injuries. Ought to be able to win without such obvious swipes. I have a RIDICULOUS sense of justice.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He def is going to listen to them. He lost all leverage with Auburn today though.

Georgia was more physical. Period.

Just now, Never2Yield said:

A coach is only as good as the players and staff around him/her.

In this case, the coach probably helped, but ift went from 40-17 to 28-7 because of the players. They had so many penalties that it’s crazy to call it a well coached game.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

lol what did that have to do with what I said?

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

I agree 100%. We won playing more physical 3 weeks ago and they won tonite being the more physical and determined team.

lol what did that have to do with what I said?

No clue. What did you say?

Just now, AuMarine said:

Does anyone know what happened to Carlton Davis?

He probably copped an attitude. “Undisclosed reasons.”

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Have I missed something on Chip too? Is he going somewhere else?

Just now, au701948 said:

Have I missed something on Chip too? Is he going somewhere else?

chip kelly

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

He probably copped an attitude. “Undisclosed reasons.”

yup reminds me of what we gave the media when KD did not make the trip to lsu.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

When Kirby said "physical", all I could think was "thuggish." Each dirty (questionable at best) play cost us momentum points more than their lost yardage. You can tell I'm a K teacher from this, but I've seen that look on my "good" kids' faces when an eejit tries something. ("You gonna let him get away with that?")  I lose them when I do. Momentum played as big a factor in this game as anything, including their slowing the tempo with substitutions to match ours. Again, our coaching has to be one step ahead. 

Archived