Should we extend Malzahn's contract?

thaitopher

Malzahn contract extension poll  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PTB extend Malzahn's contract?

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/17/2017 at 7:02 PM, Zeek said:

I don't have anything to add to this post. This is beyond accurate. With the weight of this decision you have to look at someone's entire body of work. Not respond with a knee jerk reaction that could stick is with an awful buyout that would set us back almost a decade.

Found it @fredst!

warned.gif

I tried to warn them...

On 11/30/2017 at 6:27 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

This is stupid. Yes if your coach beats the two # 1 teams and takes the team to the SECCG then yes you extend his contract and raise his pay according to whatever the top coaches in your conference are making. This isn’t rocket science folks. While I get mad about the LSU game I still think he is a top 5 coach in the country by his history . A NC a second NC game 3 time SeC West champ going for 3 time SEC champ and maybe a 3rd NC game. If you think we shouldn’t extend him or raise his pay then you are either a non AU fan or don’t understand much about college football.

Any regrets my guy?

On 11/30/2017 at 6:27 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

This is stupid. Yes if your coach beats the two # 1 teams and takes the team to the SECCG then yes you extend his contract and raise his pay according to whatever the top coaches in your conference are making. This isn’t rocket science folks. While I get mad about the LSU game I still think he is a top 5 coach in the country by his history . A NC a second NC game 3 time SeC West champ going for 3 time SEC champ and maybe a 3rd NC game. If you think we shouldn’t extend him or raise his pay then you are either a non AU fan or don’t understand much about college football.

Pretty sure you’re tbe same poster that just last night called Gus supporters sorry excuses of Auburn fans. I’m glad to get this on record as the same extension that you advocated for is what will keep Gus in Auburn. You can eat your cake 🙂

On 11/30/2017 at 11:04 PM, autig90 said:

Being reported now that A&M is giving Jimbo $7.5 mil/yr for 10 years. Looks like we need to suck it up and give him a better contract. 

giphy.gif

On 12/1/2017 at 9:00 AM, aujeff11 said:

There is nothing prepaid about the possible extension. It is an obligation that needs to be met IOT keep Gus on the roster and to keep our program stable. It’s also not prepaid in the sense that successful seasons should be rewarded, and playing in the SECCG should be rewarded. Our football program is on the upswing, recruiting is going great, and it appears that Gus has turned the corner. 

Its not like we are giving Gus a raise for going 6-6, again. And it’s not like we have many options to choose from if we do let Gus walk away. 

You’re welcome. Because it doesn’t fit and you make the real realists like myself look bad

Jeff got it right, though.....   LOL.

30 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Jeff got it right, though.....   LOL.

I did. Thanks for noticing. It did appear that Gus turned the corner. 

Never had a problem admitting when wrong although I never argued he should be getting 7 mil. Either way, he hasn’t earned his pay and should be seeing himself out soon enough.

Last  year was not  a year to  go searching for a new coach.  I felt Gus should have been offered an extension, but not for  seven years, and definitely no raise.  Maybe just a three year extension.

2 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Last  year was not  a year to  go searching for a new coach.

People say that every single year.  That's why we are an 8 win 5 loss program.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2017 at 9:12 AM, keesler said:

Why extend the term of the contract?  He'll be getting a handsome bonus "if" AU wins SEC Championship and an even larger bonus "if" they win an NC.

I fail to understand how AU owes him a contact extension this season.......  He wins one game vs a top 5 opponent for the first time since 2013 and a contract extension is in the discussion?

What's wrong with giving an extension and a nice raise once he shows 3 yrs of consistency to make up for the 3 yrs of mediocrity?

I'm always very apprehensive about going back in time and reading my own posts on various subjects.  Looks like I've pretty much stayed the course even 12 months later. 

Nothing's changed in my opinion other than the AU Admin's stained laundry getting hung outside for the whole neighborhood to see.  And the local mediots helping air that laundry every damn day. :banghead:

On 11/16/2017 at 11:48 AM, Texan4Auburn said:

No. He has years left on the current one.

I think he has already made his decision on what he will do if certain programs come calling. I do not think money will be the reason he makes a move if he chooses to do so.

Shame the BOT's didn't call me before trying to use dollar signs on him lol.

I believe in another thread I also stated that Stoops wasn't gonna drop his pants for Auburn and that they would just F the thing up even more .

I will also stand by the other quote I have in this thread.... Arkansas will always find a way to blame Texas when things go wrong.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Sounds eerily similar to another program.

You mean it's all Vanderbilt's fault?

Archived