AU vs Indiana State Game Thread

Tiger

Just tipped off, Brown misses a 3 Horace with the follow. We are up 2-0 with Heron at the line with 18:52 left

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, auburn4ever said:

When I first saw this thread, I that it meant we had scheduled a future football game with Indiana State.

puff puff give, a4e!

2nd foul on Anfernee McLemore at the 14 minute mark in the 1st half. Not good. He's our 2nd tallest player lol

Great steal/save on the inbounds -- couldn't see who it was from my phone -- but hits Bryce on a fast break who gets to the rack for a fastbreak layup

1 minute ago, ReidMcLain said:

Auburn might be better without Purifoy and Wiley. They slowed us down

Lol not a chance we are better without our best and only true Center and our 2nd best wing player

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Lol not a chance we are better without our best and only true Center and our 2nd best wing player

Wasn't impressed with Wiley. He had one post move. Never dominated the boards for his size. Never took over a game. I get he was young but still. And Purifoy had like one good game then he just completely fell off. I'm talking 100% eye test. Not match ups and names. Auburn looks completely different

3 minutes ago, ReidMcLain said:

Wasn't impressed with Wiley. He had one post move. Never dominated the boards for his size. Never took over a game. I get he was young but still. And Purifoy had like one good game then he just completely fell off. I'm talking 100% eye test. Not match ups and names. Auburn looks completely different

Were you saying that when we lost to Barry?

In the SEC our lack of size will crush us without Wiley in there IMO. It's not just about stats he bothers shots and his presence alone makes defenses think twice about driving. I also think you're underestimating what a college off-season program would do for him. 

We can respectfully agree to disagree :thumbsup:

38-23 we are killing them on the boards one player for their team has 13 points then 5 players with 2 points each. Spencer has 7 boards 

5 minutes ago, ReidMcLain said:

Can't agree on Wiley but i was also think Purifoy could be addition by subtraction kind of thing. I wasn't impressed with his play at all last year. 

WHen Danjel was healthy he was a threat. When his ankle got funky he stopped penetrating. I'm hoping that was the cause of his underwhelming finish. Maybe he hit a freshman wall.

Chuma with a fantastic hustle play to keep it alive and Anfernee gets an and-1.

Love the energy both these kids play with!

Also mind you guys I saw Austin Wiley at the chick filet on Campus at Auburn. He did not look even close to 7'0" or 6'11". I'm only 5'11" I think he's only like 6'9" and he was really lean. Did not seam like someone great rim protector to me. Okeke seems to being doing that job well

Can't believe this is the Indiana State that beat Indiana.....must be some mistake there....AU hammering them all around. 46-23

3 minutes ago, ReidMcLain said:

Wow didn't realize Indiana State beat Indiana 90-69. If Auburn can blow out a team like this? I think this is going to be a great basketball season

Not your daddy's Indiana team. This is a middle of the road team in their conference. So they aren't terrible but wouldn't say beating them means we are going to kill it this year

Archived