AU vs Indiana State Game Thread

Tiger

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gravejd said:

Not your daddy's Indiana team. This is a middle of the road team in their conference. So they aren't terrible but wouldn't say beating them means we are going to kill it this year

Is Indiana that bad? I have no idea

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Is Indiana that bad? I have no idea

I would say unknown at this point in the season but they aren't a top 25 team or anything. But if they are top 30, 40, or 100 i don't know. 

7 minutes ago, RHN1975 said:

Is it possible the issues in the pre-season have pulled this team together? 

When Pearl was first hired i recall reading a story where one of his first Tenn teams lost an exhibition game to some small div 2 team. They took that loss and ended up reaching the tourny that year. I think Pearl likes to challenge his teams in exhibitions with teams that can scare his players into playing shape. Hopefully that happens with AU this year

15 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Not your daddy's Indiana team. This is a middle of the road team in their conference. So they aren't terrible but wouldn't say beating them means we are going to kill it this year

15 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Guys playing hard....that's what matters.....talent is there to be competitive it seems and a team with something to prove perhaps...

Well ESPN finally got around to detailing all of the problems with the basketball program....but gave credit to the team for how hard they ate playing...

1 hour ago, ReidMcLain said:

Wasn't impressed with Wiley. He had one post move. Never dominated the boards for his size. Never took over a game. I get he was young but still. And Purifoy had like one good game then he just completely fell off. I'm talking 100% eye test. Not match ups and names. Auburn looks completely different

I disagree with you on Wiley.  He ran the floor pretty well for a big man also.

accordng to others (primarily cole) purifoy was much much less effective at the 4 and needed to be at the 3, not to mention injuries.

also don’t forget that Wiley was a high school senior last year playing against sec bigs with 1 practice before he played his first game.  That is a massive disadvantage for him to begin his career.  His summer play was very impressive.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Well ESPN finally got around to detailing all of the problems with the basketball program....but gave credit to the team for how hard they ate playing...

Was the 2nd time they showed that graphic already. 2x in one game isn't necessary lol.

Love how Mustapha is struggling but everyone else is picking it up!

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

I disagree with you on Wiley.  He ran the floor pretty well for a big man also.

accordng to others (primarily cole) purifoy was much much less effective at the 4 and needed to be at the 3, not to mention injuries.

also don’t forget that Wiley was a high school senior last year playing against sec bigs with 1 practice before he played his first game.  That is a massive disadvantage for him to begin his career.  His summer play was very impressive.

Wiley was way more than a HS senior when he showed up at AU....had been playing with the US national team and had access to great coaching and competition against college level players.  

He might have been young but his body and his experience was much more than any HS grad we are likely to get anytime soon....JMO

Archived