***Auburn vs. La-Monroe -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

I expected us to sleepwalk in this game. I wouldn't read too much into it. As long as we win by 1 point and stay healthy I'm happy. Very tough game emotionally and the Super Bowl for ULM 

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Sorry but the players need to care as much as the coaches and fans....not seeing much of that yet. 

This is so true...but managing their emotions, rewarding/disciplining effort or lack of it, and building character consistency--win or lose and in the how of it--is honestly a visionary head coach's responsibility.  I keep saying I want to believe...but we MUST agree on this board that what we have seen for five years IS like Forrest Gump's box of chocolate.  

Just now, DAG said:

To you conspiracy theorist idiots? the latter. Anytime someone calls the team out, they are either bias or Bammers. Stop with the little brother syndrome. Our boys were playing flat and the announcers called it out.

It doesn't have to be a conspiracy theorist to point out bias. Do you know what bias is? I didn't say that the announcers were ULM fans. 

Ridley is going to be our biggest concern next week. He is an absolute beast and I honestly don't know how we are going to stop him. We are going to have to pray we can get enough pressure on Hurts that he can't make the throws, becuase, I'm sorry, but if it's Ridley against our DBs then we are in trouble...

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

To you conspiracy theorist idiots? the latter. Anytime someone calls the team out, they are either bias or Bammers. Stop with the little brother syndrome. Our boys were playing flat and the announcers called it out.

There’s no reason to be acting like you are.  You did this to me last week and now you’re doing it to other people.  Yeah I’m calling you out since you want to behave this way take it elsewhere.  No need to bash anyone on this board.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

It doesn't have to be a conspiracy theorist to point out bias. Do you know what bias is? I didn't say that the announcers were ULM fans. 

Yes, they are biased because they said AU needs to show more championship intensity. You are so right.

1 minute ago, AubieAH3 said:

Ridley is going to be our biggest concern next week. He is an absolute beast and I honestly don't know how we are going to stop him. We are going to have to pray we can get enough pressure on Hurts that he can't make the throws, becuase, I'm sorry, but if it's Ridley against our DBs then we are in trouble...

I think Hurts legs will be just as much of a concern..

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

There’s no reason to be acting like you are.  You did this to me last week and now you’re doing it to other people.  Yeah I’m calling you out since you want to behave this way take it elsewhere.  No need to bash anyone on this board.

You are right. I shouldn't have called her out like that. I apologize @Tigerbelle . That is not why I called you out. I called you out because you quit on the team. I will never quit on Auburn when adversity strikes. 

2 minutes ago, nurbis said:

Yeah, but we will not play like this. I hate seeing us play sloppy like this but we all should have seen a letdown coming. We just smashed the number one team and have another number one team next week. No way the players or even coaches were going to be laser focused on ULM.

Jeff Whitaker also said he suspected a lot of Bama prep work would be happening this past week. It's showing now but should overwhelm them and hopefully by the end of the game it's something like 42-14

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Half time better be nothing but pounding redbulls like a frathouse kegger. Need to wake the eff up.

No, it should be yelling. Lots and lots of yelling. Both by the coaches and player leadership. 

Just now, DAG said:

You are right. I shouldn't have called her out like that. I apologize @Tigerbelle . That is not why I called you out. I called you out because you quit on the team. I will never quit on Auburn when adversity strikes. 

Newsflash I went to Auburn and graduated from there and got my degree.  Can you say the same?  So not once have I quit and don’t sit here and tell me that I quit on my school.  Because I didn’t.  Wanting what is best for Auburn and quitting on your team are two different things and you clearly don’t understand the two but you don’t seem to understand a lot.  So good day.  

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I hope you're right, but I'm not that optimistic. Then again, we get some momentum and we should roll. 

They have to start making 3rd down stops.  They could pretty much shut UGA down and ULM has picked up like6 already,.

3 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I think Hurts legs will be just as much of a concern..

Agreed, but we have been much more effective against rushing. Ignoring this crap show today, I think we can out score them IF we can stop the running game and get a ton of pressure on Hurts. He will definitely break some plays with his legs, and I don't think we will completely stop him, but we can contain him enough. If he's able to sit back and pick his receiver we will be in some major trouble. We will not contain Ridley IMO.

1 minute ago, Devilhorse said:

They have to start making 3rd down stops.  They could pretty much shut UGA down and ULM has picked up like6 already,.

Came here for this. I predict a fail on Stat's pist game report card in that defensive category 

Archived