***Auburn vs. La-Monroe -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

This is really bad. I expected a letdown,  but I keep seeing guys just not trying, I agree with what someone said earlier: if the starters can’t get excited about this game, put the backups in. They will at least be excited to get some PT. Barrett looked really good on his one run.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean I hate to be that guy, but nobody on that field is the physical specimen that NCM is. There is no reason NCM shouldn't be able to take over a game like this

Just now, DAG said:

I mean I hate to be that guy, but nobody on that field is the physical specimen that NCM is. There is no reason NCM shouldn't be able to take over a game like this

Takes an offensive staff smarter than ours to figure out how to use a receiver that isn’t here for screens or 50 yard chunks. Even Rhett Lashlee knew how to use Kyle Davis smh 

I'm at the game. It doesn't look nearly as bad as it apparently does on TV. Except NCMs blocking. 

JS is taking what's open. The pass that Slayton was out of bounds on was the right read, too - he had him all kinds of beat. 

I laughed when I saw a Georgia fan on another forum say that our fans and atmosphere aided us in the win and we wouldn't dominate early. I'm not laughing about that anymore. Point is: a great team doesn't need the crowd to hype them in order to play well. Why are we not focused enough to maintain a high level of play? Pathetic!!

I see this is one of those games where nothing goes our way and everything seems to go great for the opponent. 

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

This is frustrating.  This is why I don’t like Gus.  Can’t seem to be consistent. 

to be fair these are usually the games gus has excelled at besides this season where he would get a lot of his numbers. especially the past 2 years.

Just now, Potatooooooes!! said:

The problem is ULM is putting everything they have into this game. Our effort seems to be questionable at best

Well yes. That is why I laugh when our fans talk about Bama or USC or any dynasty type of team of the past. When you are the king of the hill, you will always get everyone's best and you have to be mentally engaged every game. You can have 50 5 star players but if you aren't engaged, you will get beat.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

to be fair these are usually the games gus has excelled at besides this season where he would get a lot of his numbers. especially the past 2 years.

Consistency remains a problem for Gus

And by the way....whether they pay for their players or not...bama rarely has a let down game. If we want to compete with them consistently...we can't either. Unbelievable what is happening now!!

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well yes. That is why I laugh when our fans talk about Bama or USC or any dynasty type of team of the past. When you are the king of the hill, you will always get everyone's best and you have to be mentally engaged every game. You can have 50 5 star players but if you aren't engaged, you will get beat.

Yup. And that’s the difference between us and Bama: the mental fortitude

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I wonder if that is why he doesn’t get more looks? I still think he is our most dependable WR and we al ost never throw to him. He will at least go get the damned ball.

Archived