Auburn 42 La-Monroe 14 — Post Game Thread

RunInRed

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Amen, i told people before the UGA game I was more worried about Alabama than UGA , based on the qb position. Mobile QBs scare me

fromm just threw a pick. The calls for eason will get louder now.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Coming off a big win against a big rival, we were due a little let down.

My hope, among these others:

1.  Added humility going in next week.

2.  Added overconfidence by our "guests".

3.  Lots of hidden mojo and moves that lay veiled today.

While it took longer than hoped, glad Martin was used throughout the game. I think the starters got about the same as was planned in terms of plays and production. J. Davis needs to be on the field more. 1st 2 drives when replacing dinson, he caused 2 turnovers. 

CKS schemes well for mobile/dual-threat QBs, but it makes me anxious because on the front we are maintaining lanes and gap integrity and also, we have to be solid and disciplined on the back end.

Sometimes a little struggle isn’t a bad thing to have. Film will show these guys where to get better. Two turnovers and still score 42 is not to bad especially the fumbled exchange at the two yard line. Hope we get got all the kinks out this week instead of waiting till next week. Now it’s beat uat time. That’s all that matters. I got faith in them . War Eagle ? 

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Nick Saban has never beat a 9 win Auburn team...fun fact. 

This little quip needs to cease.  The man has won 7 of the last 10.....AU needs to quit fielding sub 9 win teams.

9 minutes ago, keesler said:

This little quip needs to cease.  The man has won 7 of the last 10.....AU needs to quit fielding sub 9 win teams.

No just means he can only beat them when they are not so good. Also uat has only won 3 times against a 9 win team and the last one was nearly 50 years ago. War Eagle ? 

10 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Heard CKS was on the sideline instead of the box today? Anyone see this? Wonder why he would do this?

nope just the D crew announce team getting it wrong. Almost as bad as beth mowins and her broadcast partner thinking Auburn was in the sec east.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

if they had a pocket passer and not their best runner as their qb dare I say I would be CONFIDENT going in to this game......

That''s the key. We could shut down GA runners with a pocket QB and  FR at that. 

Hurt is going to be the one that can hurt us, with his scrambles out of sure sacks,and running plays designed for him. 

I think it's more of how our offense can move the ball and score more than FGs. 

So if you pay attention to some people we cannot beat Alabama, but I do not pay much attention to them.  If Alabama really is on par with some professional teams, then they probably are cheating.

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No just means he can only beat them when they are not so good. Also uat has only won 3 times against a 9 win team and the last one was nearly 50 years ago. War Eagle ? 

SAban has been on a roll to get to these playoffs. It's it is record.

9 wins don't mean squat, because it will always be broken at some time. Streaks are great, and it is there and looks good on paper. 

The key is our offense scoring more than 28 points to win, and our D is going to have to get a TO or 2 i feel.

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

So if you pay attention to some people we cannot beat Alabama, but I do not pay much attention to them.  If Alabama really is on par with some professional teams, then they probably are cheating.

No college team could ever beat a professional team.  Ever. 

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

I have just heard some comments about how good people think Alabama is.  

Yes we've been hearing that for years.  An absurd statement.  If we play like we did today against them we will get beat by two touchdowns.  If we play like last week we will have a chance. 

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

nope just the D crew announce team getting it wrong. Almost as bad as beth mowins and her broadcast partner thinking Auburn was in the sec east.

Or thinking Bramlett is Chip Lindsey

28 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Last time they beat a 9 win or better Auburn team was 1994. 

The stat makes plenty of sense. By the time you get to that number of wins, you've established yourself as a good football team. UAT is the last regular season game so a 9 win or better Auburn team is usually playing its best football at that point of the year. This was certainly true for a couple of years - 1993, 2005, 2010 and 2013. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

you me and most of the fanbase brother!!! Our bad history vs running qbs transcends whoever our coach is at the time! lol. I still have nightmares of MATT STAFFORD of all qbs killing us with QB draws in 06.  who I swear has never run that well in his college or nfl career since that day!

On the contrary, I think we actually have a pretty solid history against running QBs, at least in the CGM era and especially under CKS. We shut down Deshaun Watson last year, Kelly this year, Nick Fitzgerald and Kellan Mond were neutralized, Georgia Southern never got anything going against us. Even last year, Hurts only had 37 yards rushing against us. My biggest fear is that there have been holes in the secondary this year that teams have been unable to exploit due to our pass rush, and that Bama would be able to take advantage of those. Hopefully we shore those up before next week.

12 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

On the contrary, I think we actually have a pretty solid history against running QBs, at least in the CGM era and especially under CKS. We shut down Deshaun Watson last year, Kelly this year, Nick Fitzgerald and Kellan Mond were neutralized, Georgia Southern never got anything going against us. Even last year, Hurts only had 37 yards rushing against us. My biggest fear is that there have been holes in the secondary this year that teams have been unable to exploit due to our pass rush, and that Bama would be able to take advantage of those. Hopefully we shore those up before next week.

Exactly. We need to play lights out on defense

The stadium needs to be wayyyyy more jacked up than it was for uga - and that’s a tough ask.

What a complete difference today was in JHS. 

I hate 11 a.m. games....

and Baker Mayfield. 

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

The stadium needs to be wayyyyy more jacked up than it was for uga - and that’s a tough ask.

What a complete difference today was in JHS. 

I hate 11 a.m. games....

and Baker Mayfield. 

That kid is the biggest punk in CFB since Famous Jameis

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

That kid is the biggest punk in CFB since Famous Jameis

He’s so good, but if I were an Oklahoma fan I would be so embarrassed of his behavior. He doesn’t need even need to necessarily act humble - just shut his trap. 

He’s so good, but if I were an Oklahoma fan I would be so embarrassed of his behavior. He doesn’t need even need to necessarily act humble - just shut his trap. 

He is getting on Manziel levels maybe even passed him already in that area.

Yeah he's a great player and understandably cocky, but grabbing your crotch and screaming expletives at the opponent's sideline is just unacceptable.

Archived