Auburn 42 La-Monroe 14 — Post Game Thread

RunInRed

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He is getting on Manziel levels maybe even passed him already in that area.

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Yeah he's a great player and understandably cocky, but grabbing your crotch and screaming expletives at the opponent's sideline is just unacceptable.

He yelled at the Kansas fans to cheer for their basketball team...or something like that. And they are beating them like 41-3. 

Would love for KJ Or anyone else to beat him for the Heisman. 

2 minutes ago, wareagletk said:

Why did Nate-Craig have zero targets today? 

I like him, but was watching him today and he def missed a few tackles/blocks. I think he caused a penalty too? 

6 hours ago, AUBwins said:

While it took longer than hoped, glad Martin was used throughout the game. I think the starters got about the same as was planned in terms of plays and production. J. Davis needs to be on the field more. 1st 2 drives when replacing dinson, he caused 2 turnovers. 

I think he perfect for that nickel position

13 minutes ago, Jfsmoncrief said:

I think he perfect for that nickel position

If prefer Dean at nickel with his size(behind Dinson).  To me, J. Davis is our best corner.

1 hour ago, AUJedi said:

Is the game at 2:30? Man I wish it was a night game.!! If they can make the Bama-LSU game prime time why not Iron Bowl? 

Because CBS has first pick for games, and we obviously have the best SEC game that weekend. 

8 hours ago, AUJedi said:

Is the game at 2:30? Man I wish it was a night game.!! If they can make the Bama-LSU game prime time why not Iron Bowl? 

FWIW...The guy sitting behind me for the UGA game said our record was better for a 2:30 game than a night game. 

Interesting note I saw from College Football Final on Espn:

Mercer was paid $600K by Bama

The Citadel was paid $300K by Clemson

UL Monroe was paid $1.4M by Auburn.

16 hours ago, steeleagle said:

SAban has been on a roll to get to these playoffs. It's it is record.

9 wins don't mean squat, because it will always be broken at some time. Streaks are great, and it is there and looks good on paper. 

The key is our offense scoring more than 28 points to win, and our D is going to have to get a TO or 2 i feel.

Yep good ole master saben. You folks over in east Vance really love him. And how many undefeated seasons has your master had ? One in his whole career.  And this isn’t going to be number two . ?

Again let’s just look at facts. We have done better against common SEC teams than them with the exception of LSU . And any one with common sense could see after we put twenty real fast on them Gus went vanilla. Otherwise we would have beat them worse than uat did. Uga has beat common opponents with uat worse than them. I bet if a computer was using logic it would rank us ahead of them. We have to play the game but if we just play our normal and they play their’s we win this one by double digits.

14 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Again let’s just look at facts. We have done better against common SEC teams than them with the exception of LSU . And any one with common sense could see after we put twenty real fast on them Gus went vanilla. Otherwise we would have beat them worse than uat did. Uga has beat common opponents with uat worse than them. I bet if a computer was using logic it would rank us ahead of them. We have to play the game but if we just play our normal and they play their’s we win this one by double digits.

*cough*mercer*cough*

I too hate that our game is at 2:30 next week. I don't know how this isn't a primetime slot at night. Would have really made my schedule easier next Saturday.

I think we played alright today.

Mark my words, if Holland brings down Hurts 3 times, then we will win this game.

59 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

The Citadal was paid $300K by Clemson

Jay Jacobs dumbazzery. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I too hate that our game is at 2:30 next week. I don't know how this isn't a primetime slot at night. Would have really made my schedule easier next Saturday.

I think we played alright today.

Mark my words, if Holland brings down Hurts 3 times, then we will win this game.

CBS has first pick of SEC games. We obviously have the best one that weekend, therefore we get the 2:30 slot. I’m not so sure why so many people are upset about this. Did people watch a different game than I did against UGA? That game was the most electric we’ve had since 2013. I expect it to be just as wild, if not more, against Alabama. 

8 minutes ago, logan adams said:

CBS has first pick of SEC games. We obviously have the best one that weekend, therefore we get the 2:30 slot. I’m not so sure why so many people are upset about this. Did people watch a different game than I did against UGA? That game was the most electric we’ve had since 2013. I expect it to be just as wild, if not more, against Alabama. 

Mines more of a scheduling conflict issue than anything. I understand the CBS situation.

What sucks is the scheduling format generally prohibits the same crowd enthusiasm on even years. Let’s be honest, the LSU game ain’t drawing the same enthusiasm it used to.

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

The Citadal was paid $300K by Clemson

Probably more about FBS vs FCS.  How much did Auburn pay Mercer?

17 hours ago, wareagletk said:

Why did Nate-Craig have zero targets today? 

Because he was going through the motions. It's not like there are a ton of plays where there's just one receiver that's the target. He wasn't getting open and didn't seem to care to be there. 

1 hour ago, 1856 said:

Jay Jacobs dumbazzery. 

This is asinine. Citadel and Mercer are FCS schools. ULM is FBS and can command more money for their getting-beat-on services. 

Archived