Auburn 42 La-Monroe 14 — Post Game Thread

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

This is asinine. Citadel and Mercer are FCS schools. ULM is FBS and can command more money for their getting-beat-on services. 

In fact, for a better comparison: Bama paid Fresno State (their FBS cupcake this year) the exact same 1.4 million. 

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/06/alabamas_game_against_fresno_s.html

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, logan adams said:

CBS has first pick of SEC games. We obviously have the best one that weekend, therefore we get the 2:30 slot. I’m not so sure why so many people are upset about this. Did people watch a different game than I did against UGA? That game was the most electric we’ve had since 2013. I expect it to be just as wild, if not more, against Alabama. 

2:30 is fine but can you imagine how much more electric the crowd would be at night!! I'm just saying the last 2-3 years CBS had made the Bama LSU game a prime time game and still had a 2:30 game. This year it was UGA- South Carolina I think. But they never do that with the Iron Bowl. Do they think the Bama LSU game is that much more special or something? 

1 hour ago, AUJedi said:

2:30 is fine but can you imagine how much more electric the crowd would be at night!! I'm just saying the last 2-3 years CBS had made the Bama LSU game a prime time game and still had a 2:30 game. This year it was UGA- South Carolina I think. But they never do that with the Iron Bowl. Do they think the Bama LSU game is that much more special or something? 

No, it’s just that it was so big in 2011 (“Game of the Century”) that they decided to make it a night game. Just kinda stuck I guess (they’re allowed one prime time spot a year).

11 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

This is asinine. Citadel and Mercer are FCS schools. ULM is FBS and can command more money for their getting-beat-on services. 

Really? So two schools combined for under 1.0M, but ULM alone is worth 1.4? I think that's asinine...

2 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

Take it up with the laws of economics.

True...but seems like schools such as Auburn ought to put games out for bid.....send out an RFP with a couple open dates and invite schools to make proposals....basically get them to submit a financial proposal....and see who replies.

Though maybe it works the other way around and schools like Mercer and ULM send out the proposals with available dates and prices and offer a guarantee not to embarrass the host team. 

Either way, cupcake games seem like the type of thing you should be able to schedule over the internet...like scheduling the plumber to come take care of a leaky faucet or something. 

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True...but seems like schools such as Auburn ought to put games out for bid.....send out an RFP with a couple open dates and invite schools to make proposals....basically get them to submit a financial proposal....and see who replies.

Though maybe it works the other way around and schools like Mercer and ULM send out the proposals with available dates and prices and offer a guarantee not to embarrass the host team. 

Either way, cupcake games seem like the type of thing you should be able to schedule over the internet...like scheduling the plumber to come take care of a leaky faucet or something. 

Apologies for topic drift, but

you can do that over the internet???

13 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Apologies for topic drift, but

you can do that over the internet???

Guess it depends on where you live....there are several home repair places around this area , elect, plumbing, etc..that advertise that...let you go to their schedule site and find time and date for non emergency stuff. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess it depends on where you live....there are several home repair places around this area , elect, plumbing, etc..that advertise that...let you go to their schedule site and find time and date for non emergency stuff. 

Cool

Our local plumbers don't even make house calls.

1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Cool

Our local plumbers don't even make house calls.

:)   I said they would allow you to make schedules.....whether they actually keep them is another thing....

Archived