Ulm injuries

WinningTradition

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say with the existing shoulder injury he has been nursing most of the year, I would say what happened to day will sideline him, or simply make him a spot player next week. The one thing a LB needs to tackle IS that shoulder.

It's been a what-if season for Tre. Looked like he was going to live up to that 5 star billing and injuries have limited him. You can really see the difference for AU when he's able to go.

Jeremiah Dinson was on the ground for quite a spell. Looked like he took a knee to the head, so I'm concerned about possible concussion. Any post-game word on his condition? That kid plays hard and the defense is better when he is out there.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Jeremiah Dinson was on the ground for quite a spell. Looked like he took a knee to the head, so I'm concerned about possible concussion. Any post-game word on his condition? That kid plays hard and the defense is better when he is out there.

He looked like he did.  I saw him take medicine which I would assume was for the headache and was not talkative with the other DB's.  He distanced himself from the guys.  I hope I am wrong but I think it is a concussion.  

AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn coach Gus Malzahn believes injuries suffered by six defensive players Saturday are not serious, and that's good news for the Tigers as they eye the Iron Bowl.

Continue reading here: https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Updating-the-half-dozen-injuries-Auburn-Tigers-suffered-against-Louisiana-Monroe-Warhawks-110695305

Dinson’s arms went limp ... I think he was out for a second.

tre looked bad.  To me, that was way to much pain to be back next week.

holland was back playing.

I never noticed davis, coe or Wooten being hurt.  

28 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I was shocked to see Holland go back in, but then I remembered Gus is our coach...

T Williams is an exacerbation of his shoulder injury. It’s gonna be iffy to get him back this week IMO.

we will get the “banged up” from Dinson but it does look like a concussion vs stinger situation. We will see how he progresses this week.

looks like all the other injuries were rather minor. Stidham had me worried there for a minute i don’t know about you guys.

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

T Williams is an exacerbation of his shoulder injury. It’s gonna be iffy to get him back this week IMO.

we will get the “banged up” from Dinson but it does look like a concussion vs stinger situation. We will see how he progresses this week.

looks like all the other injuries were rather minor. Stidham had me worried there for a minute i don’t know about you guys.

As always, thanks for your input.

And I totally don’t recall being scared by Stidham. Was he slow to get up or something? 

5 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Stidham had me worried there for a minute i don’t know about you guys.

Yep.  But hey, the Willis kid is so ready.  11 games in he's not a freshman any more, amiright?

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

As always, thanks for your input.

And I totally don’t recall being scared by Stidham. Was he slow to get up or something? 

Some guys rolled up on the back of his legs in the second half.  He looked fine after he got up.  As I saw it, I was wondering why he was even in the game.  M Willis should have started Q3 IMO so he could play some meaningful minutes and throw a few passes.  He's gonna have to run our offense in a meaningful game if we are going to make a run to the NC.  Hard to imagine a QB not missing a series in so many consecutive big games - stepped on hand, TO after a big hit, hand hitting a helmet, etc.

24 minutes ago, Beaker said:

....... M Willis should have started Q3 IMO so he could play some meaningful minutes and throw a few passes..........

I understand the sentiment, but wasn't the score 14-7 at the half with ULM getting the kickoff? That's too close to be running subs in just to give them some experience. Also, in a very real sense, Stidham is still recovering from his long absence from the playing field. He needs reps too.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Some guys rolled up on the back of his legs in the second half.  He looked fine after he got up.  As I saw it, I was wondering why he was even in the game.  M Willis should have started Q3 IMO so he could play some meaningful minutes and throw a few passes.  He's gonna have to run our offense in a meaningful game if we are going to make a run to the NC.  Hard to imagine a QB not missing a series in so many consecutive big games - stepped on hand, TO after a big hit, hand hitting a helmet, etc.

How do you think having the backup in at the start of the 3rd was a good idea when the score was what it was? Glad you werent coaching. The game dictated how long he was in there.

8 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Looked like a stinger

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I understand the sentiment, but wasn't the score 14-7 at the half with ULM getting the kickoff? That's too close to be running subs in just to give them some experience. Also, in a very real sense, Stidham is still recovering from his long absence from the playing field. He needs reps too.

You are correct, but at this stage of the season I am disappointed we don't have a package for Malik yet. It was obvious LaMonroe was stacking the box. Malik should've been brought in for a series or two earlier in the game and he could've done exactly what he did in the 4th quarter. That 14-7 lead might've be 21 or 28 to 7. ULM would've had no answer for that speed on the perimeter. At least that's my opinion. 

That game was way to close for comfort to be subbing. The offense I had not gotten into a rythem. Had Gus subbed for Willis and it not worked out. Gus's seat would be blazing hot to lose such a game by putting in a true freshmen over the best QB in the SEC.

Archived