Alabama vs Auburn - Score Predictions

logan adams

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Wouldn't it be something for the all time SEC scoring leader to win it with a field goal with one second on the clock left? That'd be truly fantastic. 

Auburn 27

Bammer 24

Way too many buttholes will be clinched from nervousness if there's one second left. I don't want that.

i hope we can eek out a close one,,,23-20.

I'm still extremely worrried, mad,,disappointed,,totally,,,,dis-"Gus"-ted we can't field a punter that can kick the damn ball more than 30 yrds*&^%$#@!!!!

This is copied from Al.com and what the mercer coach said when comparing AU and UAT after the game:

On the biggest difference between their game vs. Auburn earlier this season and this one:

"Well, if you look at the Auburn game early, I don't really think Auburn had found themselves yet. They were kind of spinning. They didn't know which way they were going. They racked up 500 yards on us, but we got five turnovers. We were able to move the ball a little bit better. This team here [Alabama] is really good in all phases of the game and you add their punter who can punt it to the moon and back, it's a very difficult football team."

49 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

The most points we've given up all year is 27.  I don't see anybody scoring 38 on our defense. 

I think you're on something here. I think the sweet spot is 24. If our offense can score at least 28 points, we should win. 

Auburn 28 Bama 24

42 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

The most points we've given up all year is 27.  I don't see anybody scoring 38 on our defense. 

I agree the defense has been good this year.  We have been lucky to have a lot of drops that should have been TDs by the other teams though.  I don't think we get that luck against Ridley but stranger things have happened.  Also got a lot of guys banged up this weekend.  Our magic number seems to be 40.  40-0 would be fine by me but I really don't think its going to happen.  I think AU has the tools to win but I think it going to be close.  Another UGA would be just fine by me but this is going to be the best team we have seen all year.  Our offense often scores quickly.  MSU kept them in check keeping the ball away from them.  Unless we put the brakes on and slow down they are going to get a lot of shots.   

2 hours ago, CR said:

I'm under a self-imposed  ban after my prediction that AU wouldn't score 20 against UGA.

You're still good. Technically they didn't score 20. They scored 40. In my opinion you should make the same prediction. It actually worked well.;)

Two out of thee teams from Alabama beat LSU this year.  

I hope the team that did not show up to beat LSU, will be the team that showed up to beat Uga , when they play UAt.  Without a lot of confidence in Gus to be consistent, I still will predict Auburn to win.  But only by mere hope, and not because Gus has provided any evidence to the contrary.

11 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

giphy.gif

serious folks!  I had a dream where we beat them down big time last week and am going on that dream my fellow Tigers!

15 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

serious folks!  I had a dream where we beat them down big time last week and am going on that dream my fellow Tigers!

I’m just teasing you.. I hope you’re dream is prophetic!  I’ve just never seen Auburn put a beat down on bammer in my life.  I’ve seen bammer do it several times, but never Auburn.

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

giphy.gif

As Corso would say....."not so"  We win and will do so in fine fashion!

16 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

I’m just teasing you.. I hope you’re dream is prophetic!  I’ve just never seen Auburn put a beat down on bammer in my life.  I’ve seen bammer do it several times, but never Auburn.

We have had some beat downs over the years.  1969, 1989 the first year the Iron Bowl was played at JHS, a 9-0 beat down at BDS in the early 2000s was a classic.

3 hours ago, div3 said:

i hope we can eek out a close one,,,23-20.

I'm still extremely worrried, mad,,disappointed,,totally,,,,dis-"Gus"-ted we can't field a punter that can kick the damn ball more than 30 yrds*&^%$#@!!!!

This is copied from Al.com and what the mercer coach said when comparing AU and UAT after the game:

On the biggest difference between their game vs. Auburn earlier this season and this one:

"Well, if you look at the Auburn game early, I don't really think Auburn had found themselves yet. They were kind of spinning. They didn't know which way they were going. They racked up 500 yards on us, but we got five turnovers. We were able to move the ball a little bit better. This team here [Alabama] is really good in all phases of the game and you add their punter who can punt it to the moon and back, it's a very difficult football team."

Well we see which school paid more for their cupcake...

We haven't beaten Bama by more than 10 in nearly 50 years (1969 was the last time).  So, I'm asking for:

Auburn - 34

Bama - 20

My head tells me this:

Auburn - 27

Bama - 21

Phillip Marshall was right when he said players come to Auburn or Alabama hoping to play in games like this.  This has it all....A chance for Glory and a Worthy Opponent.

I like our chances. I would guess we win by 2 in the high 20s or low 30s.  Enough talk.  Put the ball on the tee and play football!

Well i think this is the best shot we have had against Alabama in many years. We need to make it count. Let’s prove to everyone that the UGA game was not a fluke.

we will Protect stid, stop the run, and score tds when we get the chance. Will that be enough? Not sure. But I hope so. 

Au by 4. 

2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

When is the last time we beat them by more than 10 pts? I want to beat them like we beat GA!

According to @Brad_ATX, it has been since 1969, which is absurd. 

Archived