Alabama vs Auburn - Score Predictions

logan adams

I don't want a close win although I'll take it just the same. We need to curb stomp these guys. It's been a loooooong time coming. With this teams capabilities I don't see why we can't. 

Au- 34

turds- 17

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama 35

Auburn 25

Sorry, I don't think we're over our frequent issues with predicatability/bogging down in the redzone and having to settle for FGs. The above prediction has Daniel kicking 6 FGs. Hope I'm wrong. 

10 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Bama 35

Auburn 25

Sorry, I don't think we're over our frequent issues with predicatability/bogging down in the redzone and having to settle for FGs. The above prediction has Daniel kicking 6 FGs. Hope I'm wrong. 

Just to give you some encouragement....AU's red zone stats are overall better than bama and similar percentages for scoring TDs...so maybe you can turn one of those bama TDs into a FG and swap 3 of those AU field goals for TDs and put us over the top..

PS...our 3rd down conversion rate is better too...

21 hours ago, WarTiger said:

The most points we've given up all year is 27.  I don't see anybody scoring 38 on our defense. 

I agree - AU has averaged giving up 17 ppg and UAT averages giving up 10 ppg thru 11 games.

On paper, I see this as a low scoring affair but in the last 5 yrs the average score total has averaged 67 pts.  I don't what the hell will happen.

Too superstitious as well but I am willing to say they won't be able to break into the 30's. The rest will be on the offense.

Auburn needs to curb stomp them....because if they lose a close one.....and get healthy....they will be a nightmare in the CFP when we play again...

2 minutes ago, Plaric said:

Auburn needs to curb stomp them....because if they lose a close one.....and get healthy....they will be a nightmare in the CFP when we play again...

Everything I read says that if the turds lose a game, they are done. THey don't have the SOS to get in and will not be a conference champion

2 hours ago, leglessdan said:

I don't want a close win although I'll take it just the same. We need to curb stomp these guys. It's been a loooooong time coming. With this teams capabilities I don't see why we can't. 

Au- 34

turds- 17

I blame Tommy Tuberville for that - he had UAT by the throat, they were decimated in the talent and depth department for years, they suffered those sanctions and AU took advantage for 6 straight.  Tubs called off the dogs many times when he should have throttled them into embarrassing submission.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

I blame Tommy Tuberville for that - he had UAT by the throat, they were decimated in the talent and depth department for years, they suffered those sanctions and AU took advantage for 6 straight.  Tubs called off the dogs many times when he should have throttled them into embarrassing submission.

The only time he really called off the dogs was 2005, but I agree, we should have destroyed them on the scoreboard that day.

The keys are shutting down Harris and Ridley. Harris is  a dangerous back and Ridley is one of the best in the country. He always seems to make a play when they need it. They also must focus on preventing Hurts from scrambling for first downs to move the chains. I think the defense has proven they can stop great backs so the challenge will be Ridley and Hurts. 

All of the talk about Hurts for Heisman seems to suggest he would have much better numbers if he had played full games. So far this year he has sat for 11 quarters due to them having a lead so he has basically lost three games. I will admit he would have higher yards and TD's but his averages would still be behind Stidham. Secondly he has been sacked 19 times. For comparisons Stidham has been sacked 25 times with 11 of those in one game. He has been sacked 19 times and has sat almost 3 full games! If he had played full games he would be even with Stidham and he doesn't have the one game that threw the numbers out of whack. The defense has a chance to really impact this game with pressure. 

My predicitons....

Defense plays their game- 34-24 AU

Defense plays average- 24-21 bammer

Not worried about our defense so much as our offense getting off to a decent start. If we score 17-21 by halftime, we'll blow Bama away. If those 3 TDs are FGs instead and we lead 9-X (3/6/7) we'll be in trouble.

I honestly think we come out and dominate the game on the line of scrimmage. If we control the clock remotely as well as State did against Bama we'll win by more than 10 for sure.

Auburn 34 - 17

1 minute ago, Linayus said:

Not worried about our defense so much as our offense getting off to a decent start. If we score 17-21 by halftime, we'll blow Bama away. If those 3 TDs are FGs instead and we lead 9-X (3/6/7) we'll be in trouble.

I honestly think we come out and dominate the game on the line of scrimmage. If we control the clock remotely as well as State did against Bama we'll win by more than 10 for sure.

Auburn 34 - 17

This sounds odd, but that is exactly what I don't want.  Our offense has been at it's best lately when going fast.  State was deliberately trying to shorten the game, which is a great strategy when you're out-manned.  In our case, I'd rather wear them out with speed, especially since they don't have LB depth to sub in late in the game.

23 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This sounds odd, but that is exactly what I don't want.  Our offense has been at it's best lately when going fast.  State was deliberately trying to shorten the game, which is a great strategy when you're out-manned.  In our case, I'd rather wear them out with speed, especially since they don't have LB depth to sub in late in the game.

I would be fine with that, as long as we're executing well and are able to move the football. If we're going fast and not sustaining drives or scoring points then we're just killing ourselves on both sides of the ball.

Can't believe we are here. A chance to beat bama and go to the SEC and national championship. bama is going to give us their best shot. Its going to take a great game plan and great execution to beat this bama team. Hurts ability to scramble is the X factor for me. If we can get pressure and contain at the same time then this game is as good as ours. 

24-17 AU.  Play like your hair is on fire Tigers!!

I would be happy with a 77-0 win even if it wasn’t a “good football” game. I don’t think Bama is a great matchup for Auburn but neither was UGA. I would probably give Bama the edge if I were a third party fan, but Auburn’s home field advantage is something else.

With that said... 31-24 AUBURN. Daniel Thomas continues to get the better of Hurts with a pick 6.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:42 AM, logan adams said:

A 57 yarder to be exact

I like this score prediction, but only if we put Gus' mic on his headset to mute.

3 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Everything I read says that if the turds lose a game, they are done. THey don't have the SOS to get in and will not be a conference champion

This.  If we win the IB, AU will have 3 more quality wins than ua after the SECCG. . 

Always nervous with these rivalry games. Think its gonna be a lower scoring game due to both defenses being very good. If we have our offense clicking I think it will be in the 27-21 good guys range. If we can't move the ball I think its 27-17 turds. 

Auburn wins by 3 scores! Anywhere from 3 FGS to 3 TDs with 2 point conversions. Either works for me. They deserve a beat down. 

I'm optimistic this year.  I think we'll win.  We have the talent and it's our time.  And it's about time.

Auburn 33, UAT 27

Oh what the heck thinkin EPIC here without worrying the whole game... AUBURN WON 44 to 17! Carlson 3 FG's; KJ 2 rushing TD's; Ryan Davis, Slayton, Stove score TD's. Stidham hit 89% of his attempts. KJ rushed for 168 yards & caught 4 passes for 88 yards. 

The Steele Curtain contained hurts & co and limited them to just 152 yards on the ground & 97 thru the air. Hurts sacked 5 times on 3rd downs, hurried 7. Holland & Davidson were monsters disrupting bamrs offensive game plan. Carlton Davis 1 interception. Matthews 1 fumble recovery.

JHS rocked from kickoff to Victory formation...and the buzz in the air IS traveling to ATL to do it all over again against the whipped puppies.

Wow I'm out of breath now...

War Eagle Y'ALL!!!

Archived