College GameDay headed to AU

RunInRed

Ok...lets get this cleaned up. On the start page, it says "College Gameday headed to iron owl". 

I realize the excitement is palpable, but must we ignore proper grammar and syntax in our jubilation? :bananadance:

25 minutes ago, marine4au said:

Curious if StatTiger has the wins vs. losses at JH when ESPN GameDay has been in Auburn...

AU is 8-9 in games where GameDay visits and 5-3 at JH, per source.

Last visit to the Plains, 2013 IB.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thanks Red. Knew that would happen. With all of the landscape changes on campus where will Game Day be located.

If it’s not on the student center green space, I’m gonna pitch a fit!!!

Edit: Not sure there’s room, but that’s by far the best place to do it

10 hours ago, madkat7 said:

Ok...lets get this cleaned up. On the start page, it says "College Gameday headed to iron owl". 

I realize the excitement is palpable, but must we ignore proper grammar and syntax in our jubilation? :bananadance:

Did someone summon Iron Owl?

the_owlvengers___iron_owl_by_4steex-d974h3p.png

22 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thanks Red. Knew that would happen. With all of the landscape changes on campus where will Game Day be located.

It's going to be on the lawn near Samford Hall

1 minute ago, Aubie87 said:

It's going to be on the lawn near Samford Hall

Believe 87 is correct here.  They were handing out flyers at the game this weekend that showed a map of College Gameday site.  Looks like no tailgating or parking between Magnolia and Thatch and Thatch to Ross Hall/Foy Union and Mell Street as well as on corner of Thatch/College on library side to Mell St.

Anyone know what time they are allowing tailgating / staking your spot on Friday?  Normally 4pm but heard they were allowing it to start Friday morning.  Just trying to plan to get my normal spot and be there early 30 on Saturday morning.

RIR says green space so I’d expect the same here. Didn’t they set up in the parking lot on the west side for 2006 Florida? I know they’ve set up where green space is the four visits since.

Okay, Gameday will be located at either the front of Samford (near corner of College and West Thach)  OR  at Ross Square.  It will not be on Campus Green.  Whichever of these two spots not used by Gameday will be open for tailgating but Thach Street will be closed.  You can drop off at the corner of Thach/College or Thach/Mell on Friday but can't park in the area.  Tailgating will open up on Friday at 6am.

2 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

Okay, Gameday will be located at either the front of Samford (near corner of College and West Thach)  OR  at Ross Square.  It will not be on Campus Green.  Whichever of these two spots not used by Gameday will be open for tailgating but Thach Street will be closed.  You can drop off at the corner of Thach/College or Thach/Mell on Friday but can't park in the area.  Tailgating will open up on Friday at 6am.

Source? I like the change of scenery for Gameday. Don’t think Ross Square is big enough.

13 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Source? I like the change of scenery for Gameday. Don’t think Ross Square is big enough.

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/espn-s-college-gameday-will-be-in-auburn-for-the/article_de1f2e7e-ccdb-11e7-b787-631700672f02.html

Attached within the link is picture of the flyers they were handing this past weekend

Going to have a gameday signs thread? One of my favorites.

1 minute ago, weathergeakal said:

Did you just post in the football forum??? I would hope we would have one.

Is this the football forum, I got lost. 

Archived