College GameDay headed to AU

RunInRed

19 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I mean, they are getting a GREAT backdrop for the set - but dang are they far enough away from the action??

Hopefully they are right in the middle of the action... after the game.

I'm glad I'm not there... You know they are basically going to shut down big chunks of College and Magnolia for security reasons. Traffic is going to be a lot worse than normal.

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Hopefully they are right in the middle of the action... after the game.

I'm glad I'm not there... you know they are basically going to shut down big chunks of College and Magnolia for security reasons. Traffic is going to be a lot worse than normal.

I'll be there that morning. I very highly doubt I'll be anywhere near the pit of the set but I want to witness the madness. lol You do raise a good point about the traffic though.

1 minute ago, Linayus said:

I'll be there that morning. I very highly doubt I'll be anywhere near the pit of the set but I want to witness the madness. lol You do raise a good point about the traffic though.

I was there in 2010 for Clemson (in the other location). It really wasn't as crazy as I expected. Maybe Auburn's general disdain for ESPN keeps the crowds down.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I was there in 2010 for Clemson (in the other location). It really wasn't as crazy as I expected. Maybe Auburn's general disdain for ESPN keeps the crowds down.

I think the fact that it was an unranked opponent may have had more to do with that.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I think the fact that it was an unranked opponent may have had more to do with that.

Their was no reduction in crowd for the game, just around the Game Day setup.

21 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Their was no reduction in crowd for the game, just around the Game Day setup.

Well, if there was a normal-sized Gameday crowd in 2013, my point exactly.

Archived