What is the key to an IB win?

tigeraddikt

Defense - Gap control and keep Hurts in the pocket.  Force him to beat us with his arm.

Offense - O line needs to be able to get Kerryon to the second level.  Him vs a reshuffled Bama linebacker rotation is a huge advantage for us, but their D-Line is still very, very good.

Special teams - Kick the ball out of the end zone at every opportunity.  Force Bama to go downt he field as much as humanly possible.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.  Play four quarters, hard.

2.  Make BETTER, laser-focused changes at halftime if needed.

3.  Take the gutsy risk where possible;

4.  Come slept well, eaten well, prayed up, pumped up, yet loose and God-confident.  That's for the players, the coaches, AND the crowd.

5.  Rock JH making UGA's experience look like a dress rehearsal.  Bring it heavier, hotter, happier, and higher. Tall order, because, wow.  Enough can't be said about what all who went left on the field that day in the stands, which most definitely contributed to what was left on the field itself.

6.  Bring your umbrellas, and prepare for rain...in the form of buying out Charmin.

7. Disrupt WHATEVER they have come to rely upon...legally, consistently...securely.

All else of what you said.  I am so excited!  Couldn't even wait until this week to start the Lookalikes thread.  It is time and the time is NOW.

P.S.  The Auburn Arena will be mimicking JH.  That's where I plan to be.

:wareagle:

Win the game in a manner that leaves no doubt, in the minds of college football voters, pundits, computers and fans who is the best team in Alabama and College Football.

12 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Win the game in a manner that leaves no doubt, in the minds of college football voter, pundits, computers and fans who is the best team in Alabama and College Football.

Going ahead and calling it for you 57....Auburn will win Saturday. No kick six needed.

As Phillip Marshall wrote today, most games are won on the line.  If our O-Line and D-Line are dominant, we will win.  If Bama's lines rule, we lose.  I  like our chances.  WDE!  Beat Bama!

Agree wholeheartedly with the LOS battle. The O line has to keep the pressure off of JS.  To do this, the screens and some quick slants would really help. With the pummeling the bama LBs have taken, I would try to exploit that.  We don't want JS running for his life the whole game.

Also, win the turnover batle and score TDs and not FGs in the red zone.

We must create a pocket for JS to pass.  When he gets happy feet, nothing good happens.  WR have to get open. Play calling like Georgia game.  Defense, we have to own the line of scrimmage and stuff the run.  Keep Hurts contained so that he can not scramble  for 10+ yards. Secondary can not get burned over the middle.  Turn your head and look for the ball instead of getting pass interference calls.  Carlson has to kick ball out of bounds on kick offs.  No turnovers on offense.  Crowd has to be crazy!!!

8 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Ridley is this iron bowls amari cooper. Those passes were killing Miss ST. I hope our secondary has a better game than even the Georgia game because there were a few passes that could have gone for TDs. 

Usually the reason Ridley gets so open is the time JH can buy with his feet. I just don’t believe Holland , Coe, Davidson and company will give JH that time. Usually I would say it is as easy as 1 2 3 but in this case it will be as easy as 3,4,5 if you know what I mean. WDE

Dont mistake JH for a quick release passer. That is the type that have given us fits.

I think the key to this game lies with our DBs not making mistakes and keeping good tight coverage. We must clean up mistakes made in the UGA game like Davis falling down and their receiver being wide open and dropping the ball. We had some sloppy coverage yesterday against ULM that we gave up some plays on. We cannot do this against bammer.

Coach Brown needs to burn the midnight oil to find every weakness he can dissect on bammer all season. We need his best coaching for this game. He is an excellent coach who I know will do whatever he can to have our DBs playing stellar ball a 4 quarters.

If we take their passing game as much out of the equation as possible, we can make them as close to 1 dimensional as possible. I think we can stop their run game and beat them.  Carlson needs to put the ball out of the end zone all game. Our defense will put us in the best position to win this game. Our defense playing their best will put our offense in excellent position to put up a lot of points and reach close to or over 500 yards when the gun sounds.  We need to keep them under 400 yards of offense. This will be the key.

10 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

Are we still talking about the football team? Or just more generally?

Both.   But not in the stands while someone is holding a phone so they can post it on YouTube.    

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

JD is healthy again. Time to start him over Dean. I'm afraid Dean will cost us with PI penalties.

I have never seen a guy who continuously disregards the ball on man to man coverage.

If I read this thread and just wrote down the things it lists as keys AU would have to play and Coach a perfect game to win.  I don’t think that is the case at all.  I think both teams will make plenty of mistakes.

What will determine the winner and loser will be what always does.  Blocking, tackling, turnovers, and penalties.  That’s pretty much it.  

I’m ready to enjoy the ride.

WDE

11 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agree, but would add that we need to make plays we're supposed to make. Example, if you have a potential interception hit your hands you need to catch it. Almost will not get it done Saturday. I love our chances. 

so basically what you are saying is our DB's do not need to have blake countess hands?! lol I swear he had a SURE pick 6 in the 2015 iron bowl that he dropped....... 

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

JD is healthy again. Time to start him over Dean. I'm afraid Dean will cost us with PI penalties.

I think JD is the perfect slot corner. Dean is our big physical outside corner. Carlton will start on ridley. Our secondary is shaping up.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I have never seen a guy who continuously disregards the ball on man to man coverage.

Hate it too cuz that's my "man crush". Just like Bird said he could be a good nickel back though.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think JD is the perfect slot corner. Dean is our big physical outside corner. Carlton will start on ridley. Our secondary is shaping up.

Well if Carlton is the shutdown corner that people say he is then this is his chance to prove it foreal. 

Archived