What is the key to an IB win?

tigeraddikt

We need to have decent referees too.  Ones that are good at their jobs and give it their all.  Like this guy:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

According to google it's an Improved diet, lower stress, antidiarrheal medication, and even counseling (in cases of severe anxiety).

This game has been known to induce IBS in fans in the past.

7 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

?:gofig:

It was just something funny I found and saw an opportunity to incorporate it into a thread.

22 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Of course, Hurts has yet to face a top 10 D this year. The best they've faced so far was LSU and they held him to 44 yard on the ground and a 46% completion ratio for 183 yards.

The next best D they faced was Mississippi State, who held him to 40 yards on the ground (2.1/attempt). He burned them through the air, but he still only completed 56% of his passes and 70% of his passing yards came in 4 passes to Ridley.

I believe our D is good enough that is we can lock Ridley down, we'll make Hurts look average.

That’s a miss leading stat.    Those yards are based on sacks and when it was needed the biggest gain of the night was with his legs.

the keys will be:  1) if we can run and stopping theirs.  2) turnovers. 3) 3rd down conversions

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

According to google it's an Improved diet, lower stress, antidiarrheal medication, and even counseling (in cases of severe anxiety).

I is for Iron

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don't get the reference.

He made a satirical post and I didn't get it.  You have a history of missing sarcasm on the messageboard.  Just ribbing you a little.  (Or did you post that just to mess with me?  Online humor can be so complicated...)

3 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

He made a satirical post and I didn't get it.  You have a history of missing sarcasm on the messageboard.  Just ribbing you a little.  (Or did you post that just to mess with me?  Online humor can be so complicated...)

The ref is funny. Connecting it to reffing our games made no sense. I'm on your side here. Tri.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The ref is funny. Connecting it to reffing our games made no sense. I'm on your side here. Tri.

I think the point was that an objective and fair officiating crew in the Iron Bowl is the stuff of mythology - kinda like unicorns and dragons.

I'm not familiar with Bama, because I haven't watched any of their games this season (except for the last 5 minutes of the Miss State game). So I can't speak on how to attack their weaknesses.

But it'll all come down to winning the line of scrimmage, shutting down Jalen Hurts, and our O Line showing up and showing out. We were able to get into Jake Fromm's head (after all he is only a true freshman), but Hurts doesn't get rattled, similar to Nick Marshall. I'm very excited and interested to see how Steele's gameplan is.

And even though this goes for any opponent: Studying film to the core. Our defense sniffed out that flea flicker attempt by Georgia and shut it down so quick. (UGA had a flea flicker TD in the opening drive against Miss State).

18 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

I think the point was that an objective and fair officiating crew in the Iron Bowl is the stuff of mythology - kinda like unicorns and dragons.

Still a very odd way of saying that IMO.

I was just looking at stats and four of the teams we have played so far have a top 15 defense. Alabama will make five.we have faced four if the top 26 offenses (oddly la Monroe is one). Alabama has only faced one with ole miss and the next best offense was miss state at number 52. They have faced two top 10 defenses in LSU and miss state. Hope this ends up meaning something! 

I hope we have a plan to counter whenever UAT overloads a side with wide outs and then runs pick plays to get open. They seem to go to extremes doing this whenever they feel the game is in question late.

Secondary HAS to play awesome. 

Archived