Davis and Stidham moving up in the record books

GwillMac6

Ryan Davis with his 6 receptions yesterday has 58 for the season is now tied with Willie Gosha and Ronnie Daniels for second all time in most receptions in a Auburn single season. With 2 more he would tie Darvin Adams for most receptions in a single season. If he gets 3 more he would break the record. 

Jarrett Stidham with his 235 passing yards and 2 tds yesterday moved in to the top 10 for a couple of significant passing stats. With 16 passing touchdowns on the season he is now tied with D Craig and Pat Sullivan for 9th all time for passing touchdowns in a single season. With 2,445 passing yards on the season he moved ahead of Brandon Cox in to 8th place all time in passing yards for a single season at AU. WAR EAGLE BOYS!!!! keep on moving up the record books!!!!

35753_aumsu17_15f.jpg

• WarTiger changed the title to Davis and Stidham moving up in the record books

And here we thought Hastings would be his favorite target before the season. Hopefully RD comes up big saturday.

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

And here we thought Hastings would be his favorite target before the season. Hopefully RD comes up big saturday.

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

I thought Kyle Allen would be his favorite target. 

so did Brent Musburger! lol

4 hours ago, alexava said:

I thought Kyle Allen would be his favorite target. 

Imagine how many more yards he'd have if Kerryon Davis wasn't there to get so many touches.

Stidham could've had even better stats Saturday had he actually read through his progressions better. We had a couple of missed opportunities because he fixates on his primary read too often. Still - we put up some numbers in the 2nd half and overall this season he's been great for us. If we kept him for two more years the dude should be phenomenal and break several Auburn records.

Stidham certainly appears to be shaking the rust off and has the physical tools to become a stellar QB. If he can keep improving reading defenses, execution and etc. and if other receivers can emerge to help Davis, we truly have a chance to become an offensive machine with either the pass or run. Nice to know that not only are we breaking through the 8 win barrier, we have a couple of emerging stars setting the standard.

23 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Seems to be his second or maybe third favorite after Slayton. Damn good receiver and a hell of a lot better than some around here could ever admit.

9 hours ago, Linayus said:

Stidham could've had even better stats Saturday had he actually read through his progressions better. We had a couple of missed opportunities because he fixates on his primary read too often. Still - we put up some numbers in the 2nd half and overall this season he's been great for us. If we kept him for two more years the dude should be phenomenal and break several Auburn records.

Agreed. He has the tools but he is still green. He will break every record if he stays a few years. 

Early in the year, I kept trying to tell one particular friend (idiot) at work that Stidham was gonna to be excellent-to-great before his AU career is over.  My friend kept telling me he was never gonna be a better-than-average QB. 

He's on the Stidham bandwagon now though.

20 minutes ago, alexava said:

I like JS a LOT. But he ain’t a dual threat. After JS I want all DTs. 

Problem is most "DT" aren't very dual, most are good/great runners and adequate passers.  I'd prefer a good/great passer with escapability

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Problem is most "DT" aren't very dual, most are good/great runners and adequate passers.  I'd prefer a good/great passer with escapability

i will too. i just don't see "escapability" with Jarett. He has ok speed but no quickness.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Malik Willis though....that guys just gonna be something else. IDK if Stidham can keep him off the field for 2 more seasons. I’m not even sure how Gus hasn’t been more tempted to give him legitimate playing time, ala Jeremy 2013

8 hours ago, alexava said:

i will too. i just don't see "escapability" with Jarett. He has ok speed but no quickness.

He's certainly not the vast running improvement over Sean that so many wanted him to be. Not really an improvement at all in that department. But I will take that arm all day long. Still need him to get rid of the ball faster on a lot of plays.

11 hours ago, alexava said:

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He's certainly not the vast running improvement over Sean that so many wanted him to be. Not really an improvement at all in that department. But I will take that arm all day long. Still need him to get rid of the ball faster on a lot of plays.

Sean was a little more quick but I think JS has better downhill speed. But JS needs to relax a little more in the pocket. He gets too antsy at times and that more than anything usually results in a sack, no gain, or minimal gain when he could've kept his eyes downfield and made a play.

Still - all of that he can learn and get better and better. I doubt he loses the starting job next season to Malik unless Malik is way better at passing than the limited snaps we've seen so far. I do think if KJ moves on after this season that Malik will be our "Wildcat" QB/RB which should make defenses extremely worried.

I won't be sold completely on Stidham until I see him hit some routes in the middle of the field when under pressure. imo this is why we have a good offense but not a lights out offense.  very pleased all in all tgough and look forward to seeing him with another year in the system next year.

Archived