Men vs. Hofstra

WarTiger

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should take this one and I like that we didn't blow the lead all the way like last years team would have. 

Hofstra has won 60+ games the last 3 years, they're not a bad team. Good win. Temple beating Clemson right now on espn2 in the championship- they look like a pretty good team we lost to. Let's get back to AU and work on some defense and win these next few games. Very winnable schedule next few weeks. 

We have 9 non-conference games remaining before SEC play and they are all very winnable games. Team has a real shot at a 12-1 record going into conference play. Tough tests will be at Dayton, vs Middle Tenn St. at home, and UCONN at home. 

I watched the replay

it was over 6 minutes into second half before the announcers mentioned that Hofstra had not scored and over 7 minutes before they mentioned the run we were on 17-0 run at that moment.

these guys were horrible.  They mumbled on about wrestling, taking bad shots is what makes good shooters, sonny smith jokes etc.  virtually never about the game.

it was miserable to listen to.

Good win...another high score...they kept talking about Auburn's pressing D....but everyone kept scoring. Guess that is what the season is going to look like.

I can see this Auburn team making a quiet run at the NCAA tournament. They have a real chance to go 12-1 with their non-conference remaining schedule. Do that, and go .500 in the SEC with a 9-9 record and you're looking at a 21 win SEC team still with the SEC tournament to play. Also think we could do better than .500 in the league this year. 

It doesn't seem like it, but even without Wiley and Purifoy, we've got to remember that this is one of the most talented and promising teams Auburn has had in a long time in basketball.  

Well, Temple is up 4 and at the line with 9 seconds to play and barring a major turn of events, they are going to be the winners of the tournament. Think Temple is pretty dern good. Clemson was 4-0 coming into tonight and it's been pretty much a 5-10 point lead by Temple the whole game- about like it was against us until the end. Now a 6 point lead for Temple. Clemson actually never led in the second half while Auburn did have a late second half lead against Temple with about 8 minutes to play or so. 

11 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I can see this Auburn team making a quiet run at the NCAA tournament. They have a real chance to go 12-1 with their non-conference remaining schedule. Do that, and go .500 in the SEC with a 9-9 record and you're looking at a 21 win SEC team still with the SEC tournament to play. Also think we could do better than .500 in the league this year. 

It doesn't seem like it, but even without Wiley and Purifoy, we've got to remember that this is one of the most talented and promising teams Auburn has had in a long time in basketball.  

I love your optimism, man! I hope you are right and, while this may agitate some people, we are still incredibly young -- us and Kentucky are tied for the most underclassmen on rosters in the entire country. So while 12-1 would be amazing we have to account for nights where the entire team will be off shooting the ball (young teams are very up and down) -- and we don't really have a counter punch without Wiley. 

But I, too, am excited about this team. DeSean Murray is just what this team needed IMO. Chuma as well. Also Harper is playing like a PG now and I love it. Mitchell played really well with Harper in foul trouble last night. I'm liking how it looks like you can tell these guys are a year older allowing Chuma and Davion to be complementary pieces rather than rely on freshman like last year. I'm just desperate to see us at full strength because I think some of the Pearl detractors would really see where Bruce Pearl is leading us this year but the FBI thing........blehh

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

I love your optimism, man! I hope you are right and, while this may agitate some people, we are still incredibly young -- us and Kentucky are tied for the most underclassmen on rosters in the entire country. So while 12-1 would be amazing we have to account for nights where the entire team will be off shooting the ball (young teams are very up and down) -- and we don't really have a counter punch without Wiley. 

But I, too, am excited about this team. DeSean Murray is just what this team needed IMO. Chuma as well. Also Harper is playing like a PG now and I love it. Mitchell played really well with Harper in foul trouble last night. I'm liking how it looks like you can tell these guys are a year older allowing Chuma and Davion to be complementary pieces rather than rely on freshman like last year. I'm just desperate to see us at full strength because I think some of the Pearl detractors would really see where Bruce Pearl is leading us this year but the FBI thing........blehh

You are right and that's why I said there is a chance for them to do it. They will need to get pretty hot, but I'm not seeing many games that are not winnable is what I mean. Non-conference record will go a long way in setting us up for a tournament run. 

I'm still optimistic about getting Wiley and Purifoy back this season but if this team can do it without those guys, Pearl is a heck of a recruiter/coach 

Pearl did a nice job of making adjustments at the half. Good win; Hofstra had beaten Dayton, a mutual opponent with Auburn. Temple is likely a tourney team, sonthe loss won't hurt in the long run. War Eagle!

Archived