Coach Glasco to be named UL Lafayette coach

AUBwins

Heard this as a rumor on another forum, but was hoping it wasn't true.  Like you, glad for coach, but we need some help in the box.  Is Carosone still around?

lol did he beat Rich Bisaccia's record as shortest tenured Auburn coach?!

Always happy to see people advance their careers but had hoped to get a season of benefit from him.

Still  have some time for CMD to come up with a good replacement though.......

Wow, hate to lose Coach Glasco but I missed the news that ULL had fired Lotief.  I saw the earlier issue about him complaining for gender equity, just missed the follow-on stuff about him actually getting fired.

23 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

Wow, hate to lose Coach Glasco but I missed the news that ULL had fired Lotief.  I saw the earlier issue about him complaining for gender equity, just missed the follow-on stuff about him actually getting fired.

7 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Who is Rich Bisaccia?

originally the guy Gus hired to be RBs coach. Met with Jerry Jones at the senior bowl who hired him away as their special teams coach. Is still there. Was at Auburn for a short cup of coffee lol. IDK if it was even a month.

I feel certain Coach Dean would have some candidates in mind but not a lot of time to get someone to relocate.  Don't know if he would be on the list or even interested, but I would love to see Jimmy Kolaitis in Auburn.  I know he was mentioned as a candidate for HC by some.  He is involved with hitting, recruiting and outfielders as assistant at Oregon.  He was on staff at Univ. South Alabama not many years ago.  Wonder how the AD "turmoil" might impact this process.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 5:08 PM, slot canyon said:

I feel certain Coach Dean would have some candidates in mind but not a lot of time to get someone to relocate.  Don't know if he would be on the list or even interested, but I would love to see Jimmy Kolaitis in Auburn.  I know he was mentioned as a candidate for HC by some.  He is involved with hitting, recruiting and outfielders as assistant at Oregon.  He was on staff at Univ. South Alabama not many years ago.  Wonder how the AD "turmoil" might impact this process.

He would also have some West coast contacts.

• 5 weeks later...

Has a replacement for Coach Glasco been named?  Checking the softball website, only Coach Dean and Coach Smith are listed on the staff.  We start practice this week with one assistant?

With programs starting practices now it seems less likely we will see an established assistant joining the program.  I can understand waiting to get the right person rather than settling for less than what you really want.  I heard Rachael Lawson ( Kentucky HC) say that you can run a D1 program with just 2 coaches but also stated it was not ideal.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I saw a name on another board a few weeks ago, but won't post it here, since it's unsubstantiated.  The person is not a college assistant.  Since there's been no announcement, maybe the deal is off.  Practice starts today?  Gonna be cold.

Weather Underground indicates temps 39 - 42 during practice today. I suspect this is about 10 degrees warmer than at your location. I know your post is in a category of rumor/speculation but can you say if said subject was a high school coach or graduate manager?

3 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I saw a name on another board a few weeks ago, but won't post it here, since it's unsubstantiated.  The person is not a college assistant.  Since there's been no announcement, maybe the deal is off.  Practice starts today?  Gonna be cold.

Brrr. Nothing worse that hitting a ball with a metal bat with the temps so low. I can still feel it, when I had to...lol.

Someone said Carosone..Sorry, I think it is way too early to hire a player who just left, who has no experience teaching hitting. As important as it is. a hitting coach is just as critical as the HC, especially when the HC's forte is pitching and not hitting....

14 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Brrr. Nothing worse that hitting a ball with a metal bat with the temps so low. I can still feel it, when I had to...lol.

Someone said Carosone..Sorry, I think it is way too early to hire a player who just left, who has no experience teaching hitting. As important as it is. a hitting coach is just as critical as the HC, especially when the HC's forte is pitching and not hitting....

I agree.  She's listed on the website as a graduate manager.  I wish we had an established somewhat older hitting coach.

This is such a sneaky good choice, very talented hitting instructor and has the ins on so many future recruits from his current position.  Got a feeling he is gonna be a helluva recruiter.

Agree with above.  Notice his 16U Beverly Bandits (Beverly Illinois) won their championship in Premier Girls Fast pitch this past year.  Many of those players signed with major programs including pitcher Montana Fouts  at BAMA.  My feeling is that this is a clever "under the radar" hire.  Hopefully the Auburn Athletic site will have some sort of announcement article about him soon same as they had for Glasco and Smith.  

I was hoping CEK could flip Fouts, but she signed a NLI with Bammer.  She's going to be formidable opponent for the dark side for some time.  Throws in the mid and upper 60's.  The kind of power pitcher CMD likes.  I just worried about this coaching position not being filled, but looks like it was worth the wait.  This is a quality hire.  This team is going to be fun to watch.

https://www.flosoftball.com/articles/5967379-beverly-bandits-ketelhut-win-pgf-16u-premier-national-championship

Looks like Auburn just picked up 3 more verbals 

Jaylin Calvert 2019 OF Beverly Bandits was orginally verbal to JMU 

Kelsey Schmidt 2020 OF Beverly Bandits was originally verbal to JMU 

Rose Roach 2021 SS Beverly Bandits 

Archived