Committee for AD search announced

AU64

All I have to say is that's a really strange mix of folks.   Wondering where the recommendations came from?  Hoping they come up with some good possibilities but guess I'm not much impressed with what I'm seeing right now. https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Gaines-Lanier-heads-advisory-committee-as-Auburn-Tigers-athletics-director-search-begins-110789678?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=171120_093810_Auburn Tigers&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=A2-68-2F-D8-79-4A-74-C5-FB-B1-B9-B4-46-88-E9-4C171120_093810AuburnTigers

I heard somewhere that Leath has his list of candidates and that this advisory committee was put together for little more than appearances.   I really don't care how it gets done as long as a good AD is hired.

45 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

I heard somewhere that Leath has his list of candidates and that this advisory committee was put together for little more than appearances.   I really don't care how it gets done as long as a good AD is hired.

Agree....and expect what we have in the committee are "representatives" of the various influential groups involved with AU.....the groups whose support will be important to getting the person approved.   Most schools are into diversity these days and the committee is pretty diverse which should be helpful to sell the choice. 

This is my third post in 5 minutes related to one another - primarily the capacity of Leath to be a competent university president.

I don't know the resumes of the candidates on this advisory committee, but do any of them have qualifications to help advise what Auburn needs in a new AD?  The AUC article lists some, but only a couple things jump off the page to me - other than I would assume they all have a love for Auburn.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe we're also using a search firm

That was mentioned but guess some folks missed that.   I was thinking the committee was selected in hopes of getting feedback from various alumni groups about the candidates.   Leath sure isn't going to be personally doing all the background checks and I'm guessing that he won't even be doing the negotiations as far as that's concerned.  Basically he is the "decider" ....but otherwise, lots of folks gonna be involved. 

Just now, AU64 said:

That was mentioned but guess some folks missed that.   I was thinking the committee was selected in hopes of getting feedback from various alumni groups about the candidates.   Leath sure isn't going to be personally doing all the background checks and I'm guessing that he won't even be doing the negotiations as far as that's concerned.  Basically he is the "decider" ....but otherwise, lots of folks gonna be involved. 

too many imo but hell what do I know

Just now, augolf1716 said:

too many imo but hell what do I know

Probably too many.......but it's a public university and a huge number of "stakeholders" out there who MUST be on board with the final choice .  By and large AU people seem inclined to complain first and get facts later.   So anyone important or any significant group of alums or supporters who are not consulted will be a future problem.

In the end, Leath's name will be on the hire but no way he alone can determine all that's needed to be known about the candidates. 

• 1 month later...

Hearing on SECRant some boosters are pushing for Tim “Grima” Jackson.

SMDH.

Please, someone in the know, tell me this is crap.

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

SMDH.

OMG I hope not.

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

SMDH.

Please, someone in the know, tell me this is crap.

I think its crap

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I think its crap

probably somebody stirring up trouble....plenty of folks out there willing to cause grief for those who jump on every rumor...

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

yep

I will note however that this task seems to be taking longer than I would have expected.   Sure,  AU has some problems at the moment but seems anyone coming here would be ....or should be.... thinking of the long term and not be deterred by immediate issues.    Either, someone is doing a great job of keeping this under wraps.......or nothing is happening .....the latter possibility is hard for me to understand. 

27 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I will note however that this task seems to be taking longer than I would have expected.   Sure,  AU has some problems at the moment but seems anyone coming here would be ....or should be.... thinking of the long term and not be deterred by immediate issues.    Either, someone is doing a great job of keeping this under wraps.......or nothing is happening .....the latter possibility is hard for me to understand. 

Agreed but they are doing a good job of keeping it under wraps. I believe President Leath has the guy he wants just getting ducks in a row. jmo no insider stuff on this one

Archived