Bama Injury Update

RunInRed

“Minkah (Fitzpatrick) will practice,” Saban said Monday. “Andy (Pappanastos) will be day-to-day. Terrell Lewis and Christian Miller are in the functional phase of rehab and not cleared medically to play. Mack Wilson has not practiced yet and has not been medically cleared to play. So, whatever’s out there -- I’m getting you the facts from here.

“I’m not saying that those guys are out for the game, but I’m not able to say whether they’ll be able to play in the game.”

Redshirt junior left guard Ross Pierschbacher (ankle) is also day-to-day, Saban said, and has not yet been medically cleared. He did not practice last week or play in Saturday’s home finale.

Alabama defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick was held out of Saturday’s game with Mercer with a lingering hamstring injury, as was kicker Andy Pappanastos, who had a muscle pull.

Outside linebackers Miller (biceps) and Lewis (elbow) have been out since the season opener but have been able to practice of late with their injuries. Wilson (foot), an inside linebacker, broke his foot against LSU in Week 10 and has not played since then.

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Bolt/Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Football-Nick-Saban-updates-injuries-Minkah-Fitzpatrick-Christian-Miller-Terrell-Lewis-Mack-Wilson-110801659

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it hard to believe Wilson with a broken foot in week 10 can be functional. Maybe on goal line stands. Maybe a lot of goal line stands.

Just now, auskull said:

I find it hard to believe Wilson with a broken foot in week 10 can be functional. Maybe on goal line stands. Maybe a lot of goal line stands.

It's the mystery super juice! 

One of their “insiders” on another forum says they will all play from his source. Head games either way... Gus does the same thing. The local sports radio mentioned none practiced today outside Minkah.

Maybe half their team will get a 48 hour stomach bug this Friday and will see the toilet instead of the field!  Just kidding folks. I wonder if something like this has ever happened to a team that rendered them ill and nowhere near full speed. The name "Turds" would then take on a new meaning!

44 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Maybe half their team will get a 48 hour stomach bug this Friday and will see the toilet instead of the field!  Just kidding folks. I wonder if something like this has ever happened to a team that rendered them ill and nowhere near full speed. The name "Turds" would then take on a new meaning!

Doc, please, no more about their running game.

I can promise you Saben could care less about their health. The win is more important to him. I have a lot of respect for how he can coach but no respect in how he uses these young men and puts their long term health in jeopardy for his benefit. Wonder how he would feel if it was his kid being done this way? This is one place there is no doubt Gus is a better man than Nick. He will always err to the players health. That is why I always believed SW lied to him about his health.

I hope none of them can play and we win by 400. I want them to suffer with the "what would've been" and "if only" type of feelings for the next year.

7 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Whispers from those in the know say Fitzpatrick and Pappanastos ok to play and all others expected to miss. Tifwiw. Per some reliable sources in Bama country. 

Do you know the extent of Fitzpatrick?  For example, KJ was back on the field after his pull, but wasn't 100% for 3-4 more games.

I want no excuses.  No reason for them to say we won because of X.  

but at the end of the day I just want a win anyway we can get it.  Win and move forward.  

Makes me a little nervous how many people are moving toward Auburn even if the money is moving on bama.  

10 minutes ago, corchjay said:

but at the end of the day I just want a win anyway we can get it.  Win and move forward.  

Makes me a little nervous how many people are moving toward Auburn even if the money is moving on bama.  

With their roster, injuries are no excuse.  They have far more talent than any other team ... by far.  When they lose, it is on Nick. If anyone throws out that excuse after their beat down Saturday, remind them of spuat's depth and tell them they were out coached.  That should elicit an interesting response. 

WHEN we beat them, they will default to the injuries as an excuse. All while conveniently forgetting the last two years when we played them with taped together QBs and RBs. WDE!!!??????

1 hour ago, Howard Roark said:

If anyone throws out that excuse after their beat down Saturday, remind them of spuat's depth and tell them they were out coached.  That should elicit an interesting response. 

How to win friends and influence people?  :poke:

51X7dEUFgoL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last year we had a shell of a running back and Sean was out. It didn't stop the fans from giving it to me all year. 

Funny thing, early in the season I had a bammer say "see you in novemeber" when I said AU has a good team after the LSU mess. He has been completely silent the last few weeks. 

16 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

Last year we had a shell of a running back and Sean was out. It didn't stop the fans from giving it to me all year. 

Funny thing, early in the season I had a bammer say "see you in novemeber" when I said AU has a good team after the LSU mess. He has been completely silent the last few weeks. 

I've had several making excuses for a few weeks now. Nothing like a scared uater! 

We have to close the deal though.  We didn't against LSU and were and still are better then they are.  So lets save the celebration for late Saturday night and for the next 365 days.

I hope Minkah plays and I hope we attack his position early and often and have him hobbling all over the field trying to chase us down. Same with whatever LB group they have line up. Hit them hard and keep hitting them. Their endurance will be an issue having not played as much. Run them all into the ground!

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

This is bama we are talking about. There will always be excuses no matter what.

Archived