Arryn Siposs
Arryn Siposs, P
Australia, Aust (ProKick Austrailia)
Ht: 6'2 | Wt: 198

• Class of 2018
  • Recruiter: Horton
  • Officially Visited AU 12/11/17
  • Commits to AU 12/12/17

Siposs had a five-year professional career in the Australian Football League and the Victorian Football League, before teaming up with ProKick Australia, a program that helps connect Australian punting prospects with American universities.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/12/arryn_siposs_commits_to_auburn.html

“Prokick speaks to schools they think are the best fit for each individual,” Siposs told SEC Country last month. “Their focus was Auburn, and I have been lucky enough to have them interested in me and offering me a scholarship.”

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-commit-arryn-siposs-australia-punter

Aussie punters continue to strengthen their stranglehold on the role in colleges around the country.  Graduates from Prokick Australia have taken out the college punter of the year award for the past four years.  Two of three finalists in 2017 are Australian, with Texas' Michael Dickson the favourite to take out the gong.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/former-st-kilda-saint-arryn-siposs-offered-scholarship-auburn-university-punting/1noeb6myog7481jtfvymhrtq33

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Siposs spelled backwards is sso pis. Don't know if that has any relevance, but thought I would bring it to our attention.;D

Edited by ArgoEagle
  • Facepalm 1

Interesting read

Former St Kilda forward Arryn Siposs has been offered a scholarship with American college football powerhouse Auburn University.

Siposs has been training with Aussie punting academy Prokick Australia and if this video is anything to go by, he can roost the footy a long way.Siposs, 24, played 28 games with the Saints following his drafting in 2010.

He was delisted at the end of the 2015 season and ran around for Williamstown in the VFL this year.

Aussie punters continue to strengthen their stranglehold on the role in colleges around the country.

Graduates from Prokick Australia have taken out the college punter of the year award for the past four years.

Two of three finalists in 2017 are Australian, with Texas' Michael Dickson the favourite to take out the gong.

Siposs will be hoping to continue this dominance should he take up the offer to attend the Alabama-based university.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

American college football powerhouse Auburn University.

I like the sound of that or should I say the look of that.

• Like 1

I have not been a big fan of the roll-out punts because it puts you to close to the rushers.  I do like the distance and hang time on this kids punts though.  Kind of crazy to think he would be 25 years old before playing a snap though.  Could actually be a 1 and done punter.  hahaha  How often do you see that?

23 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I have not been a big fan of the roll-out punts because it puts you to close to the rushers. 

The irony there is it's designed to get you further away from the rushers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The irony there is it's designed to get you further away from the rushers.

yeah, I know that is the intention but it just doesn't work out in my engineering mind.  Let me run closer to the LOS to get further from the rush...  Kid has a canon for a leg though.  Would be great to have Saturday vs a shaky UAt PR group

47 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

e this is a family site.......................................

Nothing wrong with saying "Damn Dumbasses" in British form.

.and how do you know about wankers..................hummmmmm

Seen quite a bit of British comedy over the years.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nothing wrong with saying "Damn Dumbasses" in British form.

Seen quite a bit of British comedy over the years.

Benny Hill, Fawlty Towers or Monty

47 minutes ago, AubTigers said:

War Eagle!!!  Welcome to the family!  Let’s put some shrimp on the barby and celebrate!

With Arryn and Anders handling our kicking duties (both will be FR next year). The future appears bright!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just curious but how could a Pro player in Aussie football be eligible for NCAA football? I know Pro Baseball players are eligible but is this allowed? Could a CFL player who never went to college be eligible for NCAA football?

9 minutes ago, psyfro said:

Just curious but how could a Pro player in Aussie football be eligible for NCAA football? I know Pro Baseball players are eligible but is this allowed? Could a CFL player who never went to college be eligible for NCAA football?

I am pretty sure this is because he has never been paid to play American Football.  I believe that CFL is close enough to American football that they would likely not allow that.  But Rugby is completely different.

• Like 3