2018 NR P Arryn Siposs Commits to AU!!!

jared52

6 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

We need a punter who can kick it 50+ yards plus have a good hang time.

Did you not see his highlights?  4.5-5+ seconds is great hang time.

6 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Please tell me he is coming on an all expenses paid OV from Aussie land?!  That would be one heck of a recruiting trip!

Not sure if it's a OV or UOV yet.

I'm just worried about having room for him period. He'd be a game-changer at punter, but he has to get cleared, which apparently isn't the easiest thing in the world with all the paperwork required, and we have to have a spot for him. A guy who can kick with both the hang time and distance he offers would be a significant weapon.

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

I'm just worried about having room for him period. He'd be a game-changer at punter, but he has to get cleared, which apparently isn't the easiest thing in the world with all the paperwork required, and we have to have a spot for him. A guy who can kick with both the hang time and distance he offers would be a significant weapon.

It's supposed to be decided in a the next couple weeks so there will be a spot for him by the time a decision can be made on both sides.

Just now, ellitor said:

Same article from 2 weeks ago that's near the top of page 2.

I did not realize Australian punters had won the last 5 Ray Guy Awards. That is why I posted.

46 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

I did not realize Australian punters had won the last 5 Ray Guy Awards. That is why I posted.

The Ray Guy award info was tweeted also when AU started recruiting the Aussie but it was never posted here. Wasn't knocking you at all 57. Just making a statement about the article. No worries.

44 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

So what is the hold up with the Aussie P?  I was under the impression it was a done deal a couple of weeks ago. 

Shouldn't be from reading this thread.  AU is not & was not going to take him til he visited this month & all the paper work checks out. He will visit AU in a week or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Shouldn't be from reading this thread.  AU is not & was not going to take him til he visited this month & all the paper work checks out. He will visit AU in a week or so.

why was AU not going to take him? I understand the paperwork issue, but certainly they wanted him or they would not have offered...

they have a real deficiency in punting. Although Marshall was better than Shannon, he still could not flip the field if we needed it at times? 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

why was AU not going to take him? I understand the paperwork issue, but certainly they wanted him or they would not have offered...

Because of this, quoting ellitor, above: " AU is not & was not going to take him til he visited this month & all the paper work checks out. He will visit AU in a week or so."

Not going to take him until the paperwork checks out is very, very different from "not going to take him". Think about it for a spell.... :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Has Arryn said anything on when he'll make his commitment to Auburn? Thank you.

The question appears to be when will AU be ready to accept it?

Australian punter Arryn Siposs on official visit

Auburn’s potential punter of the future is on campus for his official visit.

The former Australian rules footballer — who I wrote about in more detail here — received an offer from Auburn within the last month. While he claimed in the past he was committed, nothing has been made official yet. It’s certainly possible for all of that to be finalized Tuesday.

Siposs will wrap up his official visit Tuesday afternoon, so there should be more details to give about Siposs’ status in the  Class of 2018.

• Like 6

I am a huge fan of this kid.  A good punter can flip the field for us and force other teams to start deep in their own territory.  Forcing a team to drive 70+ yards every time is a great advantage!

Now we just need someone to work on coverages

• Like 4
  • Love 1

FINALLY the weapon we've needed in the kicking game. Fingers crossed that little Carlson is even close to what his brother is. If so, we will finally have a completely well rounded team.

• Like 2

247 article with some quotes from his visit...

Tigers land Aussie punter

Arryn Siposs, a 25-year-old former professional Australian rules footballer, is Auburn bound.

6_7884566.jpg Arryn Siposs officially visited Auburn on Monday and Tuesday. (Photo: Michael Dodge, Getty)

Arryn Siposs, a 25-year-old former professional Australian rules footballer, got his first up-close look at Auburn during a Monday-Tuesday official visit and the punter prospect liked what he saw.

“It’s pretty overwhelming to be honest,” Siposs said. “It’s an amazing, amazing place. The facilities alone for football were crazy, but the whole place itself, we don’t experience anything like this back home. It’s special that’s for sure.”

Now, Siposs plans to be a Tiger. During the visit, he committed to Auburn.

“There was nowhere else I wanted to go,” Siposs said. “The coaches back in Australia, Nathan Chapman and John Smith, mentioned this to me and spoke to me about there was a bit of a process going on about it. They gave me a call about a month ago and said it was pretty much a done deal and that Auburn was the option. I was absolutely going to be taking it up for sure. Where else would you want to go really? It has been one of the top five schools for a long time now. Hopefully I can have some sort of impact and we can go all the way.” 

Siposs is affiliated with Prokick Australia, which has placed 60-plus players on American college football rosters. One of them, Tom Hornsey, won the Ray Guy Award as the country's best punter while playing for Memphis. Hornsey's coach for part of his time at Memphs: Larry Porter, who today is an Auburn assistant.

“I have probably only thought about it the last year or two to be honest,” Siposs said. “I thought it would be a little bit more time before this would happen, but it’s going to be an amazing experience. Being able to see the crowds and how big it is, not just here but all over the place, it’s going to be very special and something I’m very much looking forward to. I’m glad it’s becoming a reality, which is awesome.”

Admittedly, Siposs didn’t know much about Auburn before making the visit over from Australia.

“I just knew that it was quite a big school and they had a really good history in terms of success,” Siposs said. “They’ve always wanted to chase their main goal, which is a championship. In terms of its history, not a lot, but that’s something I look forward to picking up on quickly. Just seeing everything around at the moment you get a pretty good idea of how important it is to everyone in the town.”

Chapman, owner and punting coach for Prokick Australia thinks Auburn is getting a good one.

“We had been targeting Auburn for awhile to place a guy there,” Chapman said. “We knew we had to have a great one for them. And here he is."

Siposs does yet have a rating from 247Sports.

With his verbal, Auburn now has 19 commitments for the class of 2018. Siposs is expected to arrive next summer.

• Love 1