2020 SDE Andy Boykin (Arkansas)

ellitor

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Do believe Boykin has a couple of things AU needs to see from him before AU will take him. So far he has done everything asked.

On or off field? No comment is acceptable. As is no response at all. I'm not the boss of you. 

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Do believe Boykin has a couple of things AU needs to see from him before AU will take him. So far he has done everything asked.

For whatever reason I think I remember when he decommitted that you were okay with this.  I want to say he was not progressing.  Am I correct in what I remember you saying?  If so, would you still want to take him or are there others you would prefer to pursue? 

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

For whatever reason I think I remember when he decommitted that you were okay with this.  I want to say he was not progressing.  Am I correct in what I remember you saying?  If so, would you still want to take him or are there others you would prefer to pursue? 

Had a lot of off the field issues, bad attitude ect. Kid is a talent, glad he is getting his head on straight. Might have needed some tough love.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

To add to this but looks to be a separate issue JLee says AB needs to have a good season on the field & in the class before AU may be willing to take him back.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

Interesting to go back to about page of this thread and look at the conversation surrounding his de-commitment. As always, we need to remember that it's not necessarily the kid's decision. Even if they prayed with their family and God led them to it. 

*pointing finger at self*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Had a lot of off the field issues, bad attitude ect. Kid is a talent, glad he is getting his head on straight. Might have needed some tough love.

If he comes to Auburn Coach G will love on him!! Lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, toddc said:

If he comes to Auburn Coach G will love on him!! Lol

For real, though, you know that Coach has stayed in regular contact with this kid this whole time and it probably hasn't been about football. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

For real, though, you know that Coach has stayed in regular contact with this kid this whole time and it probably hasn't been about football. 

That is why Coach G is such a good recruiter. He really likes the kids he recruits and wants them to succeed both on and off the field. I am sure the Off-field advice he has given this young man is one of the reason's he is doing better and may want to come back to Auburn assuming he keeps improving off the field and we will take him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

That is why Coach G is such a good recruiter. He really likes the kids he recruits and wants them to succeed both on and off the field. I am sure the Off-field advice he has given this young man is one of the reason's he is doing better and may want to come back to Auburn assuming he keeps improving off the field and we will take him.

Exactly. I think he plays a huge role in our program being the family we say it is. He's a big reason why I want so badly for Gus to figure his offense out and succeed here. 

• Like 1

I feel good about landing this young man. I think over the next month and beyond, we will add some additional 4 star recruits to the mix.  If we can get him, Tisdol,  and some others, we will be in the top 10 ranking list.

• 5 months later...
57 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

What's up with this guy?  We just all of a sudden quit talking about him in July?

Yes because he’s going to Juco. I should’ve moved this thread a couple months ago.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

Just committed to Arkansas. Seems a bit risky using a spot on him if he doesn’t qualify but I guess we’ll see.

I think his attitude needed some work too. Maybe that's straightened out now. Physically, he's a good prospect.

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 SDE Andy Boykin (Arkansas)