2020 SDE Andy Boykin (Arkansas)

ellitor

Would’ve appreciated if he said something about Auburn or mentioned that Auburn is still in strong consideration. But then again, I’m unashamedly petty about such things. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

We’ll probably still be in it Garner chooses to go after him still!

Good point. We haven't exactly been hurting with our DL recruiting.

• Like 1

after another great year by our DL,  we will be just fine with recruiting.

We just need to keep R Garner happy.   Maybe I will invite him over for dinner this week.   Nah, he's too busy I am sure.   Maybe I will get him a giftcard to the Guthries.  

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good point. We haven't exactly been hurting with our DL recruiting.

Only thing that sucks imo is if he doesn’t come here, he probably would be projected as a DT by his senior year which I think would be a position of need by that point.

bye.gif

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Couldn't turn down the bag from UGA....

Most big time schools play the game.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Would’ve appreciated if he said something about Auburn or mentioned that Auburn is still in strong consideration. But then again, I’m unashamedly petty about such things. 

I don't think we are in strong consideration, or any level of consideration at all. He wouldn't have decomitted this early if he still had sincere interest in AU.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Most big time schools play the game.

I know....And it's clear as day with UGA

4 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

The College and Mag article I read (quoting Ben or Keith, not sure which) says a 2019 decommit is coming soon, but not one of our top elite guys.   Any idea who that might be?

Smart money would be on Clarke, the OG. He and the staff have not been gee-hawing for some time now.

16 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

The College and Mag article I read (quoting Ben or Keith, not sure which) says a 2019 decommit is coming soon, but not one of our top elite guys.   Any idea who that might be?

Start here...

• Thanks 1

Boykin backs offer Auburn pledge

The 6-foot-4, 257 pound junior committed to the Tigers in November last year. He visited Auburn more than anywhere else due to the proximity and he got very comfortable with the coaching staff.

Despite his father being an extreme Auburn fan, Boykin told Rivals in a past interview that he has been taught to do what is best for him and that his family will support him regardless of the school he chooses.

This has been something the four-star has been considering for some time. He has visited other schools, but none more than Georgia in recent months. The in-state school has picked up their recruitment of Boykin since the spring and the Bulldogs are one to watch now.

Miami is another school Boykin has mentioned that he has interest in.

Backing off his pledge was not something that was easy for Boykin to do. He has a close friend, teammate Kobe Hudson committed to the Tigers, he has gotten close to Rodney Garner and he has given this a lot of thought.

Now he is likely to take some time, look at his options and continue to evaluate schools he feels could be best for him.

Boykin is not visiting anywhere this weeeknd. He will be out of town.

7 minutes ago, Kaoz said:

With "BowlCut" being UGA's HC, the way he swooped up to get "Radio/Sleeping Beauty" for UAT, this decommit smells awful.

It's not out of the blue. He's visited UGA a lot more than AU the past 6 months.

The timing of this... Right before first game..... Had to be intentional by the bowlcut boy, no? 

I'd guess that it has more to do with the high school season.  He mentioned that he would concentrate on school/football.  I'd guess he'd pick recruiting back up in earnest beginning next year.  Seems like the kid just needs a break from it all.  Good for him.  Of course I want all the best recruits to love Auburn, to be right for Auburn and themselves and come back in to the fold ...

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

The timing of this... Right before first game..... Had to be intentional by the bowlcut boy, no? 

Not necessarily. Don't really see the point of that orchestration.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not necessarily. Don't really see the point of that orchestration.

You'd know better than me so I'll trust you. But now I have one less reason to hate Kirbowlcut and I'm not happy about it at all. 

• Like 1

Oh well, his choice. Cant hate him for it. Should have never committed if his hreat wasnt in it. JMO

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Didn't he have a friend that just committed to Georgia recently? I think that had something to do with it.

I don't know but like I said before AB visited UGA a lot more than AU the past 6 months. Plus he grew up a UGA fan.

20 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Should have never committed if his hreat wasnt in it. JMO

Probably was but college coaches can put used car salesmen to shame sometimes so they are well equipped on how to change hearts.