Auburn might have a back up plan

CountStandya

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CountStandya said:

Even if Gus takes his toys to go Arky because he is feeling unappreciated and has his feelings hurt by AU, I think there is very little chance Petrino will even be considered to replace him.

wde

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jake-rill-aa366b102/

Jake Rill is a freelancer trying to make a name for himself.  If this was to occur then guess what, he can claim to have said it first.  Best thing my Dad ever taught me about all this, "whatever happens, happens".

Clickbait. Footballscoop.com has another variation of the same theme, maybe even by the same author. It's just recruiting trail fodder, that's all. No one at AU is stupid enough to hire CBP even if CGM left. 

Please delete this thread.  Already been addressed and no one here has any control over who is hired or fired.  Just more garbage to deal with.  

The only thing I'd address in this is who the heck is making decisions like that in our AD environment?  It would be beyond stupid for anyone other then the new AD to make the hire... If Gus were to leave.  Which I doubt very seriously is happening

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Please delete this thread.  Already been addressed and no one here has any control over who is hired or fired.  Just more garbage to deal with.  

The only thing I'd address in this is who the heck is making decisions like that in our AD environment?  It would be beyond stupid for anyone other then the new AD to make the hire... If Gus were to leave.  Which I doubt very seriously is happening

Wow delete the thread? Really how about ignore the thread if you don't like it?

If AU hires bp, I would become a Troy fan.......

10 minutes ago, WarTim said:

If AU hires bp, I would become a Troy fan.......

I won’t become a Troy fan but I will not support or follow Auburn football I can tell you that and that’s not because he sinned of the flesh but he’s just a horrible person in general.  Auburn deserves better then that garbage.  

Why continue to churn the manure pile, unless you're a bam trolling. It just starts to smell after a while.  Guess what guys, there's a game being played this week that we could get much more satisfaction from concentrating on than this pile of crap. I would also vote to delete this thread.  

28 minutes ago, CountStandya said:

It's because there was already a thread on this same issue last night. I don't even see that one this morning so it may have been deleted. Maybe Arkansas can just cut out the middle man (Gus) and hire Petrino themselves. ;)

Petrino, although a great offensive mind, as shown that he cannot win the big game. No thank you. If he gets sick of being an HC and wants to be Gus's OC then heck yes!

I heard Gruden was our backup plan....or was it Kelley?? Hmmm not sure but my info comes from a very connected source in the athletics department so you can take it to the bank

59 minutes ago, CountStandya said:

Would you prefer "merge the thread with the other thread that was created about the same thing several hours earlier"?

Also, keep in mind, since you named the thread something that could be about pretty much anything, it's hard for people to just ignore it until they dig into it. It's kind of funny, you created a click-bait thread about a click-bait article.

17 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I heard Gruden was our backup plan....or was it Kelley?? Hmmm not sure but my info comes from a very connected source in the athletics department so you can take it to the bank

Petrino is our Gruden and Kelly combined

Petrino is going to Bama, when Saban leaves for Kentucky. At least that’s the rumor my multiple sources told me. 

14 minutes ago, CountStandya said:

Gotcha I won't post stuff

Come now... don't take your ball and go home. Just remember to look and see if someone else already posted about something before posting it (the search feature usually is good for this... not always but usually). You caught the backlash because a sports writer was being an idiot (the natural state for most of them) in an effort to rile up our fan base, and you made the mistake of being the second or third person to post it on the board. Also, try not to use vague headers... unless your doing it as a joke. People seem to enjoy that.

10 minutes ago, CountStandya said:

Gotcha I won't post stuff

No, you should. However, they're right, IMO, on this particular subject, and I'm personally relieved to see so many here recognize the feeble attempts to divert attention, create division, spread speculation, and toy with recruiting by those who have proven year in and year out their fearful obsession with serious competition. On these and any articles, point of view...who stands to gain, and what's the timing...matter exponentially. We've got a championship to continue to win...next step, Saturday. Prayers, popcorn, plans for presence, penetrating focus, and plenty of Charmin ...check! :jossun:

Archived