Auburn might have a back up plan

CountStandya

If, and a big if, that were true that we settle for Petrino I don't want to hear one peep outta nobody when we are consistently 3rd in the SEC West for years to come. Petrino can't even get it done with a Heisman QB and an easy schedule. No amount of "Auburn being a premier school" is going to make Petrino a better than average coach. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Who is releasing these stories to the media? We need an AD that will come in and clean house. Our Athletic Department is a disaster right now

That's the main point addressed in several posts above. This is nothing but garbage dreamed up by a bammer writer to try to add a distraction before Saturday's game. Nobody in the athletic dept. or anywhere else on campus had anything to do with this. It's bamzo BS and sadly, a few of us haven't learned to recognize it yet. There will be more a few days before recruit signing day, count on it.

15 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

If Gus were to take the hogs job I wonder what Auburn's plan would be as far as candidates?

Jimbo. He is far more likely to come here than TAMU. The 39 million dollar buyout was proven to be IF he gets fired from fsu. Not if he wants to leave them on his own to another job. He also is who out of the big name candidates would be more attractive than petrino. That is why this whole article is garbage. Petrino will NEVER be the head coach at Auburn. 

27 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

If Gus were to take the hogs job I wonder what Auburn's plan would be as far as candidates?

I don't think anybody is worrying about that. Gus leaving Auburn is a bammer pipe dream, nothing more.

Just now, Mikey said:

I don't think anybody is worrying about that. Gus leaving Auburn is a bammer pipe dream, nothing more.

That's what I figured. Just kind of thinking out loud.

14 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

That's what I figured. Just kind of thinking out loud.

is that a cheap plug for GMac and Marcus Spears show on the sec network every mondays?! lol

i like it when people take an interest and try to post something on the board that interests them. some peeps on here post very little news but they sure like to bash someone else if they do not like what they post., or who it was published by. do some of you get off making a fellow auburn fan feel like an idiot if he publishes something you do not agree with? a private message might have been nice and not making a fellow fan feel like not posting anymore.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Jimbo. He is far more likely to come here than TAMU. The 39 million dollar buyout was proven to be IF he gets fired from fsu. Not if he wants to leave them on his own to another job. He also is who out of the big name candidates would be more attractive than petrino. That is why this whole article is garbage. Petrino will NEVER be the head coach at Auburn. 

You love Jimbo haha but in actuality, another source said the same thing. I got to find it. Can you explain the buy out thing?

If the mods thought this thread was unnecessary, it would be deleted by now. I think it’s unnecessary for the thread police to gang up on a guy for nothing- as a excessive over analysis over rumors is what we do around here. :)

Not to start anything but if we have to have a contingency plan then Scott Frost would be the perfect gamble for a one year contract loaded with incentives.

Petrino would never be brought in when our primary concern right now is controversy. Money would say the PTB are currently more concerned with improving our image than winning at the moment.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i like it when people take an interest and try to post something on the board that interests them. some peeps on here post very little news but they sure like to bash someone else if they do not like what they post., or who it was published by. do some of you get off making a fellow auburn fan feel like an idiot if he publishes something you do not agree with? a private message might have been nice and not making a fellow fan feel like not posting anymore.

Actually some Auburn fans are idiots! When your posts bash former players and the articles that you(not referring to u) post are garbage, maybe that’s a sign to some of us that you’re not really an Auburn fan or the “idiot” title may apply! Some of us stay away from the media vomit, but we open misleading threads that expose us to it.

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

The problem here though,is the OP covers a subject already discussed in another thread. He is already suspected of being a bamr troll. And why bring up such a subject 3 days before the Iron bowl.

Though I wouldn't mind having Bobby Petrino coming to Auburn, I'd rather have one of these guys be Auburn's new coach when Gus Malzahn leaves. They are Gary Patterson, Bob Stoops, James Franklin, Chris Peterson or Scott Frost.

I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. Not intended at all.  But I do think you need to think about the content, the timing, and the effect it would possibly have on the players. I don't want one seed of doubt to grow in our players and coaches minds this week.  No distractions. I'm entitled to my opinion as well, and that's all I wanted to point out. 

4 hours ago, DAG said:

You love Jimbo haha but in actuality, another source said the same thing. I got to find it. Can you explain the buy out thing?

People thought you would have to pay fsu 39 mill to hire him away. In actuality if you want fsu he is a lot easier to be had. Fsu only owes jimbo 39 million if he is fired. Love jimbo? I loved him in the 08 search. He was my number 1 who I wanted back then.

From Tomahawk Nation:

Buyout if Fisher leaves: If he elects to leave, Fisher’s buyout is now the sum of all monies remaining on the contracts of his assistant coaches not retained by the university. 

So, for example, if Fisher leaves, and the university retains none of ten coaches each making $500,000 on one-year deals, Fisher would owe the school $5M within 30 days. Given that many assistants are employed on two- or three-year contracts, it’s likely that this buyout number could be in the $10-15M range. 

The practical impact of this is that it makes it safer for the school to give bigger raises to assistants, without the fear that it will be stuck paying them (or buying them out) if Fisher were to leave.

Arky will try to hire Norvell from Memphis. I think this is likely who will take the Arky job. Heck if Gus did leave, I would be all over Mr. Norvell, or Matt Campbell, or PJ Fleck, or Justin Fuentes, or Jeff Bhromm. There are some very good coaches out there that would walk to Auburn to take that job. Auburn is a top 10 job in all of college football. One coach whose name has not been mentioned, but who has turned around one of the worst programs in college football is C

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, lionheartkc said:

Come now... don't take your ball and go home. Just remember to look and see if someone else already posted about something before posting it (the search feature usually is good for this... not always but usually). You caught the backlash because a sports writer was being an idiot (the natural state for most of them) in an effort to rile up our fan base, and you made the mistake of being the second or third person to post it on the board. Also, try not to use vague headers... unless your doing it as a joke. People seem to enjoy that.

Right you are!

Archived