Askew, Troxell, Whitlow, & Jackson

leontiger

Four Players that I would like to hear about from last year are Alec Jackson, Malcom Askew, Austin Troxell and JaTarvious Whitlow .Since I havn't heard any thing about them I'm assuming that they are on scout team. How are they doing I thought all four showed SEC Potential. 

Whitlow got hurt in spring i think. Never heard much from him since. I don't recall hearing much about the rest. I seem to recall Troxell being injured his senior year in HS so perhaps he was covering this year. 

All redshirts.  Need development.  The only one that might have been expected to contribute was Askew.  Whitlow got a lot of attention and carries as a running back in fall camp.  Never know he might be the next big back we have.  I think he was around 6' 210 coming into fall camp.  

Yes I remember the talk about Whitlow, hope your right about his future at running back always need depth. Does it look like Askew will make progress that Peters has made this year( if he's still at DB), he looked quick and fast on highlights. Does anyone know if Jackson is as athletic as Coe and Davidson that would be great news. Hope Troxell is doing well with his rehab. Thanks for any response. Time to put up a few more lights 

WAR EAGLE 

4 hours ago, leontiger said:

Yes I remember the talk about Whitlow, hope your right about his future at running back always need depth. Does it look like Askew will make progress that Peters has made this year( if he's still at DB), he looked quick and fast on highlights. Does anyone know if Jackson is as athletic as Coe and Davidson that would be great news. Hope Troxell is doing well with his rehab. Thanks for any response. Time to put up a few more lights 

WAR EAGLE 

We have depth at corner and Askew is a corner.  Peters is a safety/NB.   Needed him to come along quickly and he has.  I’m very surprised Jason Smith hasn’t gotten more work.  Maybe he’s in the dog house because I don’t even remember him mentioned any on special teams either. 

9 hours ago, corchjay said:

All redshirts.  Need development.  The only one that might have been expected to contribute was Askew.  Whitlow got a lot of attention and carries as a running back in fall camp.  Never know he might be the next big back we have.  I think he was around 6' 210 coming into fall camp.  

I remember hearing good things about Whitlow. Do I remember correctly that he has elite speed?  If so, at 210 as a TF, he could become a very impressive athlete!

I really want to see someone developed into our Craig Sanders role from a few years back.  I never worried about KO coverage when he was on the plains. Was the other great coverage guy around the same time D. McNeil? Or was that someone else?

7 minutes ago, corchjay said:

We have depth at corner and Askew is a corner.  Peters is a safety/NB.   Needed him to come along quickly and he has.  I’m very surprised Jason Smith hasn’t gotten more work.  Maybe he’s in the dog house because I don’t even remember him mentioned any on special teams either. 

Wasn't sure about Askews position thanks for the clarification. I know Peters  got beat on a couple of man coverage plays because of very good execution wasn't sure what position he was playing. Looks like he's doing pretty well even against top competition,  I also wonder about Jason Smith really thought  he would contribute somehow.

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Moving this to the football forum since it's about current players, not recruits.

Thanks for your help and everything else you do.

Archived