Who will be this Iron Bowl's unlikely hero?

WFE12

Who will be that player that hasn't really shown up because of playing time or injuries that will show up big come Saturday? Or who has had the playing time but really hasn't made any splash plays? Last year it was Daniel Thomas, will it be him again? Could it be Montavious Atkinson if Tre doesn't play? 

I look for Eli Stove to have a big game. 

4 minutes ago, WarTim said:

I look for Eli Stove to have a big game. 

I was thinking him as well. I hope he finally gets some more catches. Dude can do something nasty in the open field.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Salmonella and Darrell Williams

Dang that sure would be great but I don't think Gus will give Sal PT...maybe cuz it's the last game he might though.

44 minutes ago, wde21 said:

And expecting a big game from Will Hastings. What a storyline!

I would love to see this just because he is a former kicker and kickers have given bama fits over the last few years. 

I agree - Hastings could have a monster game after somewhat disappearing the last two games. Maybe that was by design? Try to get Bama to forget about him until he's well behind the secondary? :D

D. Davis with a scoop and score.  J. Davis with a pick inside the red zone to seal the game as we go on to get 3 turnovers in the game.  Other comes on a special teams play

18 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I agree - Hastings could have a monster game after somewhat disappearing the last two games. Maybe that was by design? Try to get Bama to forget about him until he's well behind the secondary? :D

I like the way you think. He's gonna need more than those double moves to get open against them though.

Coach Malzahn. ? He'll prove, my prayer, that he can hit consistently on all cylinders, inspiring and requiring at all levels from all parties, bringing top-down, by-example-leadership from the drawing board to the field, rising to every pre-, during, and post-occasion. And if he can't find a Waffle House in Atlanta on December 2, I've got an alternative picked out especially for him. 

20171121_140444.jpg

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

I like the way you think. He's gonna need more than those double moves to get open against them though.

I've only seen 1 live game, so I can't verify, but I've heard that defenses and been keying on him and using his lack of size to knock him out of his routes

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I've only seen 1 live game, so I can't verify, but I've heard that defenses and been keying on him and using his lack of size to knock him out of his routes

Yeah I noticed some of that last year. After that solid performance he had in the Clemson game last year he got man-handled in several games after. Who knows, maybe he can catch someone besides Fitzpatrick slippin.

I'd put Hastings on Minka and make him twist, turn, plant, cut and chase him all day long. I'd put all sorts of stress on that hamstring.

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

They have - especially anytime he draws a LB. It's frustrating to watch!

Whichever version is out there   ...our O-line.

I want Hastings to torch them like Renfrow did during the NC game. 

If we win it will be because our defense played very well. I think the linebackers and safeties will be called upon to make a ton of plays (like stopping hurts from running) so I am going to say D Davis, Roberts, or Matthews. 

Archived