Leath - Pearl Relations

tigerbrotha12

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-president-Steven-Leath-Bruce-Pearls-lack-of-cooperation-is-troublesome-110913831/Amp

What is the deal on them? Can they not come any agreement? Seems like Leath would understand Pearl not talking due to advice from lawyers...

12 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-president-Steven-Leath-Bruce-Pearls-lack-of-cooperation-is-troublesome-110913831/Amp

What is the deal on them? Can they not come any agreement? Seems like Leath would understand Pearl not talking due to advice from lawyers...

Leath has different interests. A DA understands a guy not talking. Doesn't make him trust him.

Pearl and Leath are both stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place. As the President of the University he needs as much information as he can get to make an informed decision after the Person debacle, He expects his employees to help him in the investigation. Pearl has been informed by his lawyers not to talk possibly because by talking he might be interfering with an FBI investigation and even if innocent of any knowledge of the what Person was doing.

Then you have the Staffers being suspended but according to Sullivan and his lawyers no reason given which is unusual if true but also might be because of the FBI investigation.  The FBI investigation is the Big Dog in the house and what people or the administration can say or do is influenced by the investigation.

All we can do is wait and see how things play out. The sad part is the longer we wait the more rumors that will be floated hurting Auburn.

I have a real problem with our president making a public comment about Pearl's lack of cooperation. There is no good reason for him to air out our dirty laundry publicly. It makes me think he is too political.

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

I have a real problem with our president making a public comment about Pearl's lack of cooperation. There is no good reason for him to air out our dirty laundry publicly. It makes me think he is too political.

^^^This. 

I'm afraid Leath might be from the mold of Jim Laney.  And I'm afraid he might go overboard and clean house over perceived but non-existent dirt.

Archived