Oral History of the Kick Six

wareagleguy

SIAP, but thought this was a good read, mostly from the perspective of the key players and coaches.

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/The-oral-history-of-the-Auburn-Tigers-Kick-Six-against-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-in-2013-110780974

i have a chris davis autographed sports card legit out of the pack with a pic of him with the ball heading down the side lines. it remains one of my  most prized auburn collectables.

Thanks so much for posting. I even learned something.  I didn't realize it is coached to run towards the Auburn sideline on a quick turn play. It makes sense. 

11 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Thanks so much for posting. I even learned something.  I didn't realize it is coached to run towards the Auburn sideline on a quick turn play. It makes sense. 

Yes, I remember them saying that afterwards, because it made uat cover more of the field and that it is natural for players to "watch"  the ball and, if a miss, to start walking back to their sideline, not even thinking about a return.

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

As much as I love this . I want AU to make new memories Saturday. It’s time to make new memories 

Speaking of memories, the 89 IB is on SEC Network right now (7-9am).

That was a great read. Thank you for posting. I think Chris Davis is starting to realize the magnitude of what he did and embraceing it. I loved reading the  players and coaches sharing their memories on the play.

Archived