Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

around4ever

Dr. Rick Good, director of bands at Auburn, is also the band director for the Macy's Great American Marching Band.  Auburn greatness is everywhere!!

That's not the only place AU is represented at the parade. The NYPD's new bomb-sniffing dogs were trained at the AU Vet Med school using a patented process: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/23/nypd-to-use-secret-weapon-at-thanksgiving-day-parade-vapor-wake-retrievers.html

10 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

My mother always would have this on the TV while she cooked Thanksgiving dinner. Never sat down a moment to watch, but always had it on.

Mine did too except she stopped to watch the Rockettes (she loved dressing up and going to see them as a kid with her father when they lived on Long Island) and Santa.  As Santa was on she would say, “ The Christmas season has started!”  She’s passed on when my oldest was a baby (12 years ago).  I have carried on that tradition in my house.  I stop cooking and watch with tears when the Rockettes are dancing and I announce the Christmas season starting when I see Santa.  Miss her still and wish my kids knew her.

Happy Thanksgiving and War Eagle!

13 hours ago, ausaxman said:

Dr. Rick Good, director of bands at Auburn, is also the band director for the Macy's Great American Marching Band.  Auburn greatness is everywhere!!

Several AU Band Alumni help Dr. Good with this as well. War Eagle, indeed! 

Archived