December early signing questions

tinman

1.   What day is signing day?

2.  Is there a limit on the number  of players that can sign?

3.  How many and who of our commits are expected to sign?

1 hour ago, tinman said:

1.   What day is signing day?

2.  Is there a limit on the number  of players that can sign?

3.  How many and who of our commits are expected to sign?

1. December 20-22
2. Just the usual 25.
3. Don't know. Keith said he would have an article on it 3 weeks ago but still hasn't done it yet.

E or 23  - 

In your opinion, will the early signing day help Auburn?   I can think of one or two reasons why it could, but you know much more than I do on such.

thanks - 

I think the early signing period helps everybody, with the biggest advantage going to the smarter coaching staffs, of which Auburn is one.

Example: Kid is committed, you want him to sign early but he doesn't. What's up with this??? There's time to look for a replacement.

Example: You sign most of your class early, it gives you a chance to re-evaluate where you came up short and you can look to fill some needs.

Example; One of your committed guys has some grade/legal/ other problems. You can refuse to sign him in December: "You've got until February to clean this mess up or we won't be able to take you."

I suppose the list goes on and on in areas I don't know much about. The early signing period adds complexity to recruiting. Like in every one of life's situations, added complexity is an advantage to the intelligent and prepared. The higher-paid, more experienced coaching staffs will be the ones that benefit.

16 hours ago, Beaker said:

E or 23  - 

In your opinion, will the early signing day help Auburn?   I can think of one or two reasons why it could, but you know much more than I do on such.

thanks - 

It helps every school. You see which kids are really to end their recruitment & which kids a school is really ready to take. Also, when the recruits are signed then they don't have to be recruited in January & February. More time to then spend on other recruits.

Thanks E;  I have a funny feeling we close very well if we play well today.  I mean we get a couple of surprises.  Kids seem more fickle today and I am a teacher so that is what I am basing this on

34 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Thanks E;  I have a funny feeling we close very well if we play well today.  I mean we get a couple of surprises.  Kids seem more fickle today and I am a teacher so that is what I am basing this on

Auburn has historically closed well, even when it feels like it’ll just be a normal NSD. 

12 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Auburn has historically closed well, even when it feels like it’ll just be a normal NSD. 

tumblr_inline_nkllonXqXn1r6curg.gif

Archived