Question about Stidham

Ber798297

He is a Redshirt Sophmore. In order to enter the draft, you have to be 3 years removed out of high school. He graduated HS in 2015 so in the 2018 draft, he could enter.  I don't think he will nor should he. 

It is hard to tell with young folks these days, but I feel that Jarrett will stay at least another year. He seems to be driven by more than a quick buck........... but only time will tell...........

Hopefully he will return to be a Heisman finalist along with Kerryon and Pettway.  Beat Bama and WDE!

10 minutes ago, shabby said:

would he even be drafted......

i think he would be drafted, its just that it may be lower in the draft, making it smarter for him to come back. He seems like a smart young man so leaving early and taking a lower draft place doesn't seem smart to most of us (from our perspective). At the risk of sounding selfish, i think another year would be great for him, for Auburn and for a young, maturing M. Willis. JMHO.

3 minutes ago, shabby said:

I think it depends on how he/we close the season.  If he gets hot on the board good for him.  I don't see the body of work being complete enough but in the end he has to decide the best route for himself.  We have guides and counsels where appropriate but what I say is "I support your decision" -- and I mean it.  I want all our young players to succeed on and off the field. Now and in the future.  JMHO

42 minutes ago, shabby said:

Of course. You know ho desperate teams are for QBs ? Especially QBs with the build of JS? He just isn’t ready , IMO. Still needs to work on reading the defense, handling game speed and taking the snap from under the center. Off potential alone , I am sure he can be a 3rd to fourth rounder.

That dude has too much Auburn in him!!! lol. He has really grown to totally embrace any and everything about Auburn in his almost year on campus! I LOVE IT! IT WORKS OUT PERFECT FOR US!!! He is def coming back. But since I am supersticious I will still knock on wood! haha.

Not to change the direction of the topic, but when he comes back, he is stacked at all the skill positions on O.  What a great thing to return to.

17 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Not to change the direction of the topic, but when he comes back, he is stacked at all the skill positions on O.  What a great thing to return to.

If we can put together a decent offensive line, could be really special on offense next season. 

13 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Hopefully he will return to be a Heisman finalist along with Kerryon and Pettway.  Beat Bama and WDE!

I hope KJ leaves. He needs to get while the getting is good before another season with Gus breaks him. 

RBs have a short life as is. 

With the NFL salary cap in place for rookies leaving early unless you are a virtual lock for a top two round selection isn't what it once was. Then again if he closes out the season, (and playoffs) in spectacular fashion that might warrant a top two round grade. Then you gotta take the money.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I like JS, just don’t think he is there yet. 

I agree for two reasons:  I think his stock goes up if he can work with Lindsey for 2 seasons and physically - if he were my son, I would not want an NFL sized DL squashing him.  He needs a little more mass.

I love JS but he isn't going anywhere. He's not a phenomenal quarterback and he's not a freak athlete. He should stay as many years as possible and continue to improve his game. I think his ceiling without years of gaudy numbers is probably the third round.

Archived