Are the stars aligning?

JMassie11

Just seems to be a quiet confidence floating around and the electricity is in the air. I know a lot of bammers are more nervous than I can ever remember.

There was the most beautiful blue and orange sunset in Baldwin county this afternoon. The clouds looked swirled and some looked of eagle wings. Could be a good sign. Wde

1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

Just seems to be a quiet confidence floating around and the electricity is in the air. I know a lot of bammers are more nervous than I can ever remember.

latest?cb=20140323163425

We posters are not playing so can look ahead and I'm noticing today some media w/ votes and/or influential microphones like ESPN's Rece Davis and Fox Sports announcers are already backing off the notion of a 2 loss SEC champ Auburn in the playoff over either team in the ACC title game or "a second SEC team" (presumably Bama even if they lose to Auburn) or an Ohio State that wins out. Here we go again....

Finebaum said today the bama coaching staff is feeling pretty confident FWIW

50 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

We posters are not playing so can look ahead and I'm noticing today some media w/ votes and/or influential microphones like ESPN's Rece Davis and Fox Sports announcers are already backing off the notion of a 2 loss SEC champ Auburn in the playoff over either team in the ACC title game or "a second SEC team" (presumably Bama even if they lose to Auburn) or an Ohio State that wins out. Here we go again....

He doesn’t have a vote and the CFP is already showing that they think highly of AU. We win we are in. Period

56 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Y'all have taught me all sorts of good things about POINT OF VIEW.

"...Davis graduated in 1988 from the University of Alabama, earning bachelor of arts degrees in both Broadcast News and Public Affairs..."

35 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Did we need Finebum to tell us that?

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

When did he say that? He did say he would be shocked if 2 SEC TEAMS got in. He has always held that whoever wins the SEC will be in the playoffs.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/2-college-gameday-anchors-could-see-auburn-ruining-alabamas-season

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/11/rece_davis_2_sec_teams_cfp.html

The stars will have nothing to do with anything come Saturday afternoon.  That Kevin Steele defense is going to bring down hell on Jalen Hurts, the likes of which he's never dreamed of in his worst nightmare.  

I chatted up a staunch bamrfan at work this afternoon. He kept asking me if I knew the score of the Miami game. As he was pulling for Pitt. The whole time, I was thinking, 'yeah, you are not so confident about tomorrow, are you?'

One or both of the ACC teams will be out of the playoff picture. A 2 loss Miami will not get in nor will a 2 loss Clemson team. Neither team will face and defeat 2 teams they play that were number 1 at the time they play them. The SEC champion will be in the playoffs period.

We will be fine as long as we take care of business and take down bammer and Uga.

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

Everyone is confident until they are punched in the mouth.  

Last time Auburn beat Bama, it was the "kick six" game. If Auburn wins by a miracle or by a field goal or something, the 1-loss Bama will be in the playoff. To secure it's spot in the playoff, Auburn needs to beat Bama convincingly and then beat UGA again convincingly.

Same in the B1G. Ohio State needs a convincing win over Wisconsin in the B1G championship. Because a close win -- a 1-loss Wisconsin could be selected over a 2-loss OSU.

This is why I have always supported an 8 team playoff -- the 5 conference champions plus 3 at large. Because otherwise, when the committee begins looking at the "season as a whole" and strength if schedule issues, you just don't know what they are going to do.

If Auburn wins out, they will be in the playoffs. If Wisconsin wins out they will be in the playoff. If Oklahoma wins out they will be in the playoff. A 1 loss ACC champion will be in the playoff before a 1 loss spuat. Spuat' s only guaranteed path is to win out. I think there is little chance otherwise.  It would take several upsets. Same with UGA. 

19 minutes ago, AURex said:

Last time Auburn beat Bama, it was the "kick six" game. If Auburn wins by a miracle or by a field goal or something, the 1-loss Bama will be in the playoff. To secure it's spot in the playoff, Auburn needs to beat Bama convincingly and then beat UGA again convincingly.

Same in the B1G. Ohio State needs a convincing win over Wisconsin in the B1G championship. Because a close win -- a 1-loss Wisconsin could be selected over a 2-loss OSU.

This is why I have always supported an 8 team playoff -- the 5 conference champions plus 3 at large. Because otherwise, when the committee begins looking at the "season as a whole" and strength if schedule issues, you just don't know what they are going to do.

I support a 6 team playoff. The 5 conf champions and the best team not in one of the 5 conf. The 2 highest seeds get a bye. The committee would select the 6th team and seed all the teams. This way conf championships matter and become essentially a playoff round. 

Not so sure. If tOSU clobbers Wisconsin by a large margin, does the committee select the conference champion tOSU with a big win over a top 4 team? Or do they select a team (Wisconsin) with a real ugly loss and not a conference champion? Auburn could end up in that same situation. Auburn needs to win convincingly, just like UGA.

3 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I have quiet confidence we will win, not cocky about it, just that little smirk and an OK as I listen to bammers run their mouth.

Same. I'm not a trash talker..sometimes I joke around a little. It would be glorious to win and listen to the silence.

Auburn winning convincingly would deter the committee from giving Bama the benefit of the doubt I think, as long as we beat Georgia again as well. 

Archived