2019 4* OLB Mohamoud Diabate (Florida)

CR

Just now, ellitor said:

Hall & Wooden at the Buck with Wooden potentially growing into a SDE.

That's what I thought.  With MD potentially a normal linebacker.  I'm assuming if we were to miss on Hall that MD would move to the Buck.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, corchjay said:

That's what I thought.  With MD potentially a normal linebacker.  I'm assuming if we were to miss on Hall that MD would move to the Buck.

Does have a date set to announce his commitment?  I have not seen this, but would like to know if a date has been set to announce.

WDE!

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Does have a date set to announce his commitment?  I have not seen this, but would like to know if a date has been set to announce.

WDE!

No & the longer it goes the better for us as it would give more time for the coach-recruit relationship to develop.

I was under the impression the hold up on offering him was to see him in person at LB. Plays End for Auburn High, so TWill wanted to see him in LB drills. I know he worked at standup LB in the camp before his offer. This has been a consistent narrative. I’m inclined to believe it. I could see him playing OLB ala Darrell Williams if his lateral movement is good enough. 

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

I was under the impression the hold up on offering him was to see him in person at LB. Plays End for Auburn High, so TWill wanted to see him in LB drills. I know he worked at standup LB in the camp before his offer. This has been a consistent narrative. I’m inclined to believe it. I could see him playing OLB ala Darrell Williams if his lateral movement is good enough. 

That makes a lot more sense than most other possibilities that have been discussed. First I've heard of it but I haven't been following this one super closely. 

5 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I'm obviously naive to the process, but with him at Auburn High, wouldn't that have been easy to work out months ago?  "Hey coach Auburn High, can you give Diabate a few reps at LB during today's workout?  I might have some friends driving by practice today.  And let me know if you ever need anything or just want to grab some drinks sometime...bye."

I think the coaches wanted to see him in coverage drills more than anything else, but yeah they could’ve gone to auburn hs for that I guess.

LB is one of the tougher positions to predict when a person has not played the position in a game. MD has the size and speed to be a very good LB. Coaches have seen him with hand in dirt rushing so they know what he can do there. They want to see him in passing drills to check out his cover skills. Drills are nice but in passing drills you know you are in cover so can prove that you can cover in a drill but a game is different.

In a game a LB has to see the field, look at his keys, decide in an instance is it a run and I need to fill the whole or is it a pass and do I need to drop back into coverage. Some of this can be taught but some of it is a natural instinct that some players have and some don't.  He could have great cover skills but if he is late in recognizing he should have dropped back into coverage it makes no difference. 

We need some good LB's in this class to go along with Pappoe. I believe the coaches had some targets they were sure of what they would be getting so slow played him for a while and he might also have slow played us as he might have wanted to leave the area. As time has progressed and some targets have moved on he has moved up the board as he has the potential to be a great pickup as an LB but if that doesn't work we can have another very solid Buck.

He is worth the effort and I hope we can pull him in and at least one more LB.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That makes a lot more sense than most other possibilities that have been discussed. First I've heard of it but I haven't been following this one super closely. 

What other possibilities have you seen? WDE said Buck & I and Corch said OLB in the Darrell Williams position for the reason Guf stated above.

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I'm obviously naive to the process, but with him at Auburn High, wouldn't that have been easy to work out months ago?  "Hey coach Auburn High, can you give Diabate a few reps at LB during today's workout?  I might have some friends driving by practice today.  And let me know if you ever need anything or just want to grab some drinks sometime...bye." 

Yes that's possible but AU never thought of him as a potential LB til they saw him at the AU camp. They had only evalued & saw him as a DE til then.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Wadup with all the UF CBs?

That’s who leads and has been tending Despite what has been thought on this board. If Auburn stays on him after he commits to Florida  next week it won’t be over though.

2 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Derrick Hall and Colby Wooden both same position as MD?

No. Hall is a buck. Wooden is a buck or DE. MD is a linebacker.

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

Derrick Hall and Colby Wooden both same position as MD?

More specifically to what Loof said: We like Hall at the Buck, Wooden at the Buck or strong side end, and MD At the outside/Sam Backer (The position Darrell Williams plays)

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

More specifically to what Loof said: We like Hall at the Buck, Wooden at the Buck or strong side end, and MD At the outside/Sam Backer (The position Darrell Williams plays)

Well, this easy easy then. We just take all three.

18E42462-753D-454E-8051-B7724781D4E7.gif

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Well, this easy easy then. We just take all three.

18E42462-753D-454E-8051-B7724781D4E7.gif

Not an issue. Auburn would take all three

nice pickup for the defense! Give em hell asap!

20 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Where am I?

A brain fart for sure!

On 8/16/2018 at 4:36 PM, doc4aday said:

nice pickup for the defense! Give em hell asap!

Wrong recruit Doc. MD is likely committing to Florida next week. Based on when you posted I thinkyour post was meant for Colby Wooden.

Our LB options seem to be drying up.

Archived