***Auburn vs. Alabama -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

I hope we hold them on the first drive and get a TD on ours to get a little breathing room. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting stats.....my concern is that bama has won some games this year without benefit of much offense.....big thing in my view is not making a mistake INT or Fumble in the 2nd half that gives them a short field. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The uat drive out of the half will tell the tale. Stop them and boom.

:yes:

42 plays in the first half.  We have to come out strong in the third quarter and wear them down.  Ryan Davis has the all time single season record for catches.  He has become our go to guy.

Alabama is playing quality football, but so are we.  I think we are the better team on the field, but the lucky plays are falling against us rather than for us so far.  I like our chances to pull this out.

Feel like Bama will score on first series  out of halftime just based solely off of adjustments. Our front isn’t getting as much pressure as I’d like but they are also getting held a lot. Honestly when it comes to defense, this is going to come down to our DBs. 

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Chip needs to go back to calling what he called on the first two series. They are selling out on the blitz. We need to adjust to that like we did against Georgia. This game is there for us. We are playing right with them. Outside of the poor  play by Dinson our defense is playing sharp and outside of about two series our offense is moving the ball really well. Honestly didn’t mind the Willis call but wish that they would have let him throw it. He should have handed the ball off to Johnson but Bama sold out completely to stop Willis. Do it again but let him throw. At this point there’s no reason to play scared. We didn’t play scared against GA and we stomped them. Alabama is not the better team. Let’s show them that. WAR EAGLE. 

I didnt mind Willis going in either, but if you are going to put a guy in like that you cant limit yourself. You have to trust him to throw and take advantage of their aggressiveness against the run. If you trust a true freshman enough to put him in a big game like this, let him play, or you're hurting yourself.

I would absolutely love a Cody Parkey onside kick to start the third. 

Our special teams has been shockingly pretty good today, other than letting that one punt go and roll 20 yards ?

We have to keep the pressure on Hurts in the second half. I wanna see some sacks.

25 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

He's particularly obnoxious today.....

He is missing Verne. ?????

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Does it matter to Alabama if they lose this game in the big picture? They would not have to play Georgia and would still get into the playoff

Only way that happens is if Oklahoma or Wisconsin lose. 

I️ I hope we come out aggressively. I don’t care win or lose....well yes I do...but I do hope we play to win. I can deal with a lot if we play to win! One thing that I have noticed is the gap is closing. Our main problem over the past few years has been the mindset of playing to win vs playing to not lose. Please stay aggressive! WDE!!! 

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Does it matter to Alabama if they lose this game in the big picture? They would not have to play Georgia and would still get into the playoff

The so-called “eye test” means you pass the test if you wear crimson

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I hope they look at it that way. But they'd need some real luck to get into the playoffs if they lose.

Archived