FINAL: Auburn 26 Alabama 14

RunInRed

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

love guys like this

P.S. I love Gus’ new found moxie, it’s contagious, waited years for this

It's got to feel great to him, too.  There's nothing like working as if it all depends upon you and praying as if it all depends upon God.  He has learned from his previous leadership choices and the ripple effect is being felt top down.  THAT's leadership.  So proud of him, for him, for the team...rejoicing tonight!  Bet Waffle House NEVER tasted so beat-down good!!

5 hours ago, AUinfusion said:

Can we just ban Gary Danielson from Auburn? Good lord. He got in Gus to Arkansas, UGA wants AU b/c of Gus' comments, and uat beat themselves.... 

Ok, enough about him, let me go see which bourbon goes best with victory!

He tripped ovee his tongue the whole game too

5 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Good Grief.....They made some self destructive plays because they were panicking. Auburn intimidated the bammers both by playing better and coaching better. bammer had an easy season until today and they were unprepared for an opponent with equal talent. Thus the self destruction. Get it now?

That is what I saw also. As much as people want to say about Alabama they didn't know how to handle being down in the 4th like that. Those mistakes were out of fear. Alabama has won many games through fear and intimidation by just being Bama. Today they learned what those other teams felt like.

I am so incredibly proud of this team and of our fans! What a great atmosphere tonight! The Bammers we encountered were humble and nice, so I knew we were going to win! I am so proud for our coaches, who have worked their butts off and kept this team together and focused and learning and succeeding, amidst some of the most hateful criticism from some and you know who you are.  Time to admit you were wrong. Also, my last complaint is that there's too much great stuff to read in here tonight and I've got to go to bed!!! War Eagle forever!!!

I'm so delighted in the fact that we finally won again. I love the Kick 6 but the enjoyment was taken from it from these past couple years for me. We didn't need any miracles...we won fair and square. We were the better team.

Man, that win felt good. It’s been a long time since Auburn just straight-up beat Alabama. You could say 2010, but maybe 2007 is more like it. This team just lined ‘em up, counted ‘em, and beat ‘em.

And as much as the team has improved through the season, the coaches did too. 

12 hours ago, AUwent said:

HEY ALABAMA!

HEY ALABAMA!

HEY ALABAMA!

WE JUST BEAT THE HELL OUTTA YOU! RAMMER JAMMER YELLOW HAMMER GO TO HELL ALABAMA!

Did the band ever play the reverse rammer jammer?

Great moment of Deshaun and Tre embracing. Didn't know if Tre would play after the ULM injury and he finally got his iron bowl win.

AWESOME WIN guys!!! We've had "PUNT BAMA PUNT" "KICK-6" what do we call this win?

AUBURN WINS 26-14 yeah. Auburn gets all A+ because our guys were ALL IN on offense, defense, covering kicks and the kicking game.

Congrats on your Iron Bowl win. No excuses here. I feel AU can beat Jawjuh again since the first time wasn't a problem. I'm sure you guys and gals have been in good spirits. Good Luck next weekend!

I've said it in a few other threads, but I will say it here. The Bama fans who were around us were very nice and pleasant. They cheered for their team, but did not get ugly or upset. I also did not see any bad stuff outside of the stadium, before or after the game. It was a great game for us, all the way around, and having nice fans around us made it even better. Don't know how everyone else experienced it, but that was my section.

15 hours ago, AU64 said:

Meanwhile have bama fans started unloading their tickets for the championship game yet.?   Expect they bought plenty thinking they would be there.

Not sure if you could call it unloading, but just for giggles

I checked. Lots-o-tix available, in my section, in the $8-9 hundred range?

[mine are not and will not be posted] 

This is what it’s all about. The guys play loose and have fun beating down the turds. War Eagle!

14 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

This is what it’s all about. The guys play loose and have fun beating down the turds. War Eagle!

Can't quite articulate what is so cool about this. But maybe that's the point. Just shut up and swag surf, nerd. Got it. Can do.

Archived