Kerryon Johnson updates

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unfortunately i think he fractured his shoulder and will probably be out the rest of the year. maybe Bubba will be ready to play but if not, Miller and Barret have some big shoes to fill.

Prayers up for KJ. Heck of an Auburn man.

This is why we're RBU. If KJ doesn't play and Bubba can't either we rock with Barrett, KM, and MM. I'm really counting on Bubba being back but I think we'll be good. We have to split carries the right way though. KJ definitely can't get 30+ carries now.

Fret not. Kerryon will be great to have, but I like Auburn's chances even without him. I don't think people are realizing just how good the Jarrett Stidham and Ryan Davis duo is. That's a weapon. Hopefully Martin is good to go. Barrett would get touches, maybe Pettway would even be back. Kerryon helps us big time, but winning games will not depend on him alone. 

39 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Fret not. Kerryon will be great to have, but I like Auburn's chances even without him. I don't think people are realizing just how good the Jarrett Stidham and Ryan Davis duo is. That's a weapon. Hopefully Martin is good to go. Barrett would get touches, maybe Pettway would even be back. Kerryon helps us big time, but winning games will not depend on him alone. 

Yep we also could switch things up as far as playcalling goes..we'll need to differentiate things in the rematch anyway.

8 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You must be stupid, did you not see both their O and D lines get physically man handled?  You can't correct that with execution or scheme in three weeks.

Exactly. Fromm is still green and hasn't shown he can take the team on his shoulders and throw for a win. Load the box and if Fromm beats us with his arm than so be it. Even with adjustments, i don't think UGA can beat us with the WRs they have unless they play out of their minds. One thing is for sure...we have to contain their punt returner. That kid is a serious weapon and gives UGA  a short field. Our special teams have been only major weakness thus far and it could cost us dearly. 

Whether KJ can play or not or KP can play or not I hope we don't find out until next Saturday. I know we as fans want to know but the more things Ga. has to practice against the better.  

I think folks worry to much. First I think KJ is tough and will be ready for next week. Might even get a surprise wit KP being back also. KM went down but taped his ankle and he returned. I want you to focus for a minute and think about the play right after KJ went down. Martin comes in and takes it 9 yards right up the gut of the uat defense. I give KJ a lot of credit but heck I could even get some big yards running behind this offensive line AU has. They have plain out whipped two very good defensive lines in the last two weeks. On top of that uga’s offense is not going to do anything against this Auburn defense so we could beat them just kicking field goals ( but we won’t because we still have a great passing game). Beat the dawg crap out of the dawgs again. ?

He didn't go down because of his wrist.    Savor the win today and play "next man up".  Gosh I am happy for this senior class.

His wrist was already wrapped. It is his shoulder and it is either a collar bone or rotator cuff type injury. It is the right shoulder. Jen hurt the left on on the five play at the end zone.

I am extremely worried about our running attack without Kerryon Johnson. No doubt the second best option here would be Kam Martin, who also went down with an injury. I do not see Martin carrying 30 times a game though, too small.

Kam Pettway, even if he is able to return, will be extremely rusty. He hasn't played for most of the year and has zero carries in the past 4 weeks. When Pettway is healthy and has a full year of practice and experience under his belt, he is unstoppable. But this is not that year for him.  Hope he returns next year. His draft stock will be extremely low this year if he decides to declare, and he may not get picked up at all.

Kam Martin is fast a elusive and I think we will be fine if he can carry the ball at least 16 times against Georgia. Bring in Devin Barrett the rest of the time, if Kam Pettway is not healthy.  If Pettway is healthy,  let Pettway carry it up the middle and shake the rust off and he made be able to get back to 80% of last year's form.  Swap he and Martin out (if Martin is ready to go) and we will be OK.

Malik Miller just has not impressed me at all. I know he has had no time on the field and personally, I think there is a reason for that. He certainly has the size, but seemingly not the speed or decisiveness hitting the holes. Blocking is crucial for Stidham to have time to set up and throw.  That is going to be a huge concern for any of the backups.

Of course the best case scenario is Kerryon and I hope he is OK. It will be hard to keep him off the field (even if he is not 100%), but we will need him desperately in the play-offs, so I do not want he or the coaches to push it. Each game is crucial at this point in time, so others have to step up and be willing to carry the load.

I’m thinking even without KJ our run game will still be ok between Martin and Barrett. I’ve liked Barrett and what he has shown when he has played. However, the blocking that KJ provides is great and we have to have someone that can provide that same caliber of blocking for most of our quick passes to work. If KJ can’t go then Chip better get to work scheming for his absence.  I  do have faith in the coaches and teams to figure it out. 

1 hour ago, OB4AU said:

His wrist was already wrapped. It is his shoulder and it is either a collar bone or rotator cuff type injury. It is the right shoulder. Jen hurt the left on on the five play at the end zone.

It may be his left shoulder hit at the goal line or at least that’s what I remember. He was cradling his right arm when he came off the field. I don’t think we will know for a few days. 

Kam Martin may be Auburn’s most explosive back.  He’s small but solid looking at that pic.  All I’ve seen Barrett do is catch swing passes out of the backfield.  Miller is a mystery to me.  Every time I’ve seen him play he looked good but he hasn’t played a lot lately.  

Archived