Kerryon Johnson updates

WDE_OxPx_2010

27 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I expect a 60/40 dawgie crowd.

I could be wrong, and hope that I am, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like a 70-30, or 75-25, thUGA crowd.

Like you'd mentioned, they've had some time to buy tickets even before they faced us, and they were thinking (at the time) this would be their best shot at a National Championship run since the early 80's.

Plus, I don't know what ticket prices were when they started buying them up, but now on the secondary ticket sites they are starting close to $500. I think I'll have to pass on that. They might have been able to buy cheaper before prices spiked, but I don't know.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

I could be wrong, and hope that I am, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like a 70-30, or 75-25, thUGA crowd.

Like you'd mentioned, they've had some time to buy tickets even before they faced us, and they were thinking (at the time) this would be their best shot at a National Championship run since the early 80's.

Plus, I don't know what ticket prices were when they started buying them up, but now on the secondary ticket sites they are starting close to $500. I think I'll have to pass on that. They might have been able to buy cheaper before prices spiked, but I don't know.

I think y'all are underestimating the Auburn family. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more Auburn fans than UGA fans there. Especially with us just coming off the biggest win in 4 years. A lot Georgia fans aren't going to spend money going to a game they feel like they're gonna lose. And half of them do (whether they care to admit it or not) 

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

There was also that little unsubstantiated rumor earlier in the year that someone (not going to name names) may have been involved in a frat house fight...and all of a sudden KP is injured and out for a while. :dunno:

Whether there was a fight or not, the idea of him having a broken scapula because of a fight with some frat boys was totally debunked.  That kind of injury requires the force of something like a car accident. The only way a frat boy could have done it was to take a sledge hammer to his back while he was laying down.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Whether there was a fight or not, the idea of him having a broken scapula because of a fight with some frat boys was totally debunked.  That kind of injury requires the force of something like a car accident. The only way a frat boy could have done it was to take a sledge hammer to his back while he was laying down.

He seems like a thick dude to try and break.  But even a fracture requires that kind of force?  Anyway, I didn't intend to get too far off into speculation land.  His time out could be 100% injury. 50% injury/50% suspension. 25% injury/75% suspension.  No clue and I guess we'll never find out.

44 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

If you plan on going regardless as long as Auburn is in buy early. If they don't make it you can double your money at a low estimate.

30 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

But even a fracture requires that kind of force? 

Scapulas are particularly thick and hard to break.  The fact that it did get broken in a game was a pretty freak thing, though football is listed as one of the "risk activities".  Per sports-health.com: 

Scapula fractures make up fewer than 1% of all fractures.

Scapula fractures are uncommon because the scapula is protected by the chest and shoulder muscles. Significant force is needed for a fracture to occur. Therefore a complete medical assessment should be performed to ensure that there are no additional injuries.

I'm not digging through 10 pages - so sorry if it has been addressed already, but why was KJ's wrist/hand taped up after he came out of the game? Did he sprain it as well?

My new theory; Kerryon reached his predetermined pitch count. Gus told him game was secure go out and flop so we have uga preparing for a ghost game plan. He’s 100%. Will get hiesman votes for toughness. 

2 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I'm not digging through 10 pages - so sorry if it has been addressed already, but why was KJ's wrist/hand taped up after he came out of the game? Did he sprain it as well?

He tapes it during the game... you just can't see it under his gloves.

2 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

Im more comfortable about playing UGA this time than I was last time. We manhandled them and Bama in the trenches and thats how you win ball games. Same thing this time.

I'm much less comfortable this time around. I know we dominated them last time, but I think that's part of my concern. I just don't see it being that easy. Everything worked well for us, especially defensively, and it's hard for me to see it working that well again and UGA having no answers or ability to muster any run game. I'm not saying they're going to run through us or dominate the game, but I don't expect this game to look like the game three weeks ago. I think UGA will be more successful on both sides of the ball, and I think we will be in for a fight. I still think we're the better team because we're the better OL and DL, and I don't think the gap between these two teams is as wide as it looked like 3 weeks ago.

Add in KJ's injury possibly limiting his effectiveness, the revenge factor for UGA, the neutral field, the emotional roller coaster we've been on for a month now. All of it feels like this will be a tough, tough game.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

He tapes it during the game... you just can't see it under his gloves.

Ahhh, okay. Thanks!

I will say, I didn't see him after the game so I was particularly worried. I'm assuming they snuck him out and he avoided going any place where people could pester him. Hoping he gets a lot of rest and can play on Saturday but if not, KMart and Malik should be ready!

Just now, Linayus said:

Ahhh, okay. Thanks!

I will say, I didn't see him after the game so I was particularly worried. I'm assuming they snuck him out and he avoided going any place where people could pester him. Hoping he gets a lot of rest and can play on Saturday but if not, KMart and Malik should be ready!

There are several pictures of him after the game. He's obviously favoring his shoulder in all of them, but that doesn't mean anything. Everyone who has any insight and isn't keeping their mouth shut says there's a good chance he will play (though I'm guessing some strong but legal pain killers might be involved).  The good news is a sore shoulder doesn't take anything away from his legs.

8 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I'm much less comfortable this time around. I know we dominated them last time, but I think that's part of my concern. I just don't see it being that easy. Everything worked well for us, especially defensively, and it's hard for me to see it working that well again and UGA having no answers or ability to muster any run game. I'm not saying they're going to run through us or dominate the game, but I don't expect this game to look like the game three weeks ago. I think UGA will be more successful on both sides of the ball, and I think we will be in for a fight. I still think we're the better team because we're the better OL and DL, and I don't think the gap between these two teams is as wide as it looked like 3 weeks ago.

Add in KJ's injury possibly limiting his effectiveness, the revenge factor for UGA, the neutral field, the emotional roller coaster we've been on for a month now. All of it feels like this will be a tough, tough game.

I'm not saying we'll win easily but, you don't correct a physical whipping like they received in-season. Their emotion will carry them for the 1Q but after that, it's skill, toughness and physicality. I like our chances in that case.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

There are several pictures of him after the game. He's obviously favoring his shoulder in all of them, but that doesn't mean anything. Everyone who has any insight and isn't keeping their mouth shut says there's a good chance he will play (though I'm guessing some strong but legal pain killers might be involved).  The good news is a sore shoulder doesn't take anything away from his legs.

A week of non-contact can do wonders. Seeing Tre' Williams last Saturday after the game, I wasn't sure if he'd do anything more than fill a gap from time to time if he got to play. Obviously he looked/felt way better by game time! I hope KJ is the same way!

The UGA fans are already barking over here in Atlanta saying AU is dead in the water without KJ or Pettway.  My response is, "OK, yeah, maybe neither is playing, but what ya gonna do about that O line and D line that got absolutely owned a couple weeks ago?  It wasn't crowd noise that caused that."  I get a lot of silence after that from them like that hasn't even crossed their minds.  And that silence is glorious.    

Seems like we’d have them on their heels defending the deep threat. We were succsssful in the IB with the boundary passes and some slants. We just need to keep setting them up for what we deem the best strategy to put points on the board. They are going to try and prove they can match our line play, blitzes. I see a similar game plan to Bama working from an O standpoint but better opportunity to hit deep balls too.

18 minutes ago, Linayus said:

A week of non-contact can do wonders. Seeing Tre' Williams last Saturday after the game, I wasn't sure if he'd do anything more than fill a gap from time to time if he got to play. Obviously he looked/felt way better by game time! I hope KJ is the same way!

I played football all through highschool and tore my rotator cuff making a tackle and was back out there the next week. It hurt like hell at the time and I favored it the rest of the season, but I could play. The absolute worst and most frustrating injury was a groin pull. Couldn't cut or plant.

19 hours ago, around4ever said:

That being the case, then WHY the heck does Gus say ANYTHING about these guys medical condition a week out from the actual game?  If KJ can't go, I'd think having to prepare for the possibility of Pettway running the ball (if he wasn't already ruled out) versus 150 pound Martin running the ball is a whole different approach.  I'm no coach, so maybe you approach defending the run the same way, regardless of who is in the backfield, but why give your opponent any info at all if it's not a requirement?  I'd be coy all week long and keep them guessing.  

3 minutes ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

That being the case, then WHY the heck does Gus say ANYTHING about these guys medical condition a week out from the actual game?  If KJ can't go, I'd think having to prepare for the possibility of Pettway running the ball (if he wasn't already ruled out) versus 150 pound Martin running the ball is a whole different approach.  I'm no coach, so maybe you approach defending the run the same way, regardless of who is in the backfield, but why give your opponent any info at all if it's not a requirement?  I'd be coy all week long and keep them guessing.  

I think that's why people are speculating that Kam might not be a medical thing, because Gus is usually very tight lipped about medical issues.

The fact that the SEC might have even been contemplating requiring a weekly injury report is ludicrous. Student injury information is protected by law, so the SEC can't require any of it to be released.

I'm surprised that no one has considered that Gus saying no about Kam might just be a way to keep Kirby from repping for a power back.

5 minutes ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

I don't think anybody expected Pettway to play, and honestly, I don't think he'll be close to 100% at any point going forward. It really sounds like he's dealing with an avalanche of bruises and such right now 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't think anybody expected Pettway to play, and honestly, I don't think he'll be close to 100% at any point going forward. It really sounds like he's dealing with an avalanche of bruises and such right now 

I was sure hopeful.  This Saturday would be 6 weeks since the injury occurred, but I guess a scapula healing time is longer than a typical broken bone.  Sigh.  If KJ can't "shoulder" the load, hopefully the rest of the group can handle it if they're called upon.    

Archived